Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 1:57:55 PM EDT
I'm looking at ditching using a regular razor for an electric. What does the hivemind have to say about which is best?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Braun Self-cleaning razor and love it.

I was hesitant to get one because youy have to replace the cleaning solution cartridges every 3 months or so, but it does an awesome job. It is way nice to not have hair all over my counter. It has been going strong for the last 18 months.

Understand that it takes your skin/beard a few weeks to get used to a new shaving system. You will most likely not get the best shave until you have stuck with it for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I was seriously about to post the same question. Not because I'm going to quit using a regular razor, I just need to be able to touch up a bit in the evenings sometimes and lathering up twice a day is a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using Remington for over 30 years
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]
the new Brauns are the shit!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used Norelco for over 20 years.  I'm on my 3rd or 4th one.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
No such thing unless you have facial hair made up of peach fuzz.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've used Norelco for over 20 years.  I'm on my 3rd or 4th one.

I've been using one or another for about 15.  They're great razors, and the newer generations of blades do really get quite a bit better.  I upgrade my razor at least every two years, I get the one with the newest head design and the fewest doodads.  I don't care about LCD displays, self cleaning bs, lotion, or any of that other stuff.  I just want the best razor.  I'll admit I have a very light (blonde) beard, and if I was the kind of dude who has 5 'O clock shadow at noon it wouldn't work as well.  I still use a razor occasionally for dates or special occasions when I want a really close shave.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep the electricity in the walls.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Have the Braun.  It's not bad.  Has trouble with my neck sometimes, but it's easier than regular shaving.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Another one for Braun... love mine.  Not cheap, but it'll last a looooong time.  Well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#12]

I've had the same Panasonic wet/dry for 10 years. Shaves close, and has a linear motor that maintains constant RPM regardless of load. (Translation: It doesn't bog down and pull hairs while chopping through a 3-day growth.)

Good shaver handicapped by the world's worst trimmer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#13]
For the life of me I cannot shave under my chin around my Adams apple with an electric. I still them though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#14]
ahhh the semi annual Arfcom shaving thread.

guys , where do you get your sharpenning stones for straight razors?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I also have a self cleaning Braun it works awesome.  I thought it did a lot better with neck hair than my old Panasonic.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never been able to get a perfect shave with one
there's always a few hairs left in random spots

I have a norelco with the 3 round heads now that I use for under my neck below where I keep my beard trimmed to. works well when I haven't shaved in a few days
then I do a quick shave with a disposable to cleanup the missed hairs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top