11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/6/2004 8:12:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 8:12:50 AM EST by -Absolut-]
Kerry 247 Bush 275

CO, IA, and TN members get to work!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:14:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 8:15:54 AM EST by mpearcex]
If we could just win California it would be a blow out. Lets get to work out there in California, it can be done. might as well put TN in the red, remember the 2000 election.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:15:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By mpearcex:
If we could just win California it would be a blow out. Lets get to work out there in California, it can be done.

most show President Bush trailing by around 10 points in kali.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:16:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

If we could just win California it would be a blow out. Lets get to work out there in California, it can be done.

IF the Governator says he can...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:22:42 AM EST
Colorado is leaning more torwards Bush than the local polsters want to admit. Colorado even supported Dole.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:26:47 AM EST
Wow, I thought NM was lost to Republicans forever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:27:58 AM EST
I think Arizona will go with Bush.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:31:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:32:37 AM EST
Trust me, guys, there is NO WAY Tennessee is going for Kerry. Nashville area is mostly republican except for inner city, and ALL of East Tennessee is very conservative. I think all the pollsters do is call Memphis and downtown Nashville.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:03:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By Greywolf2112:
Trust me, guys, there is NO WAY Tennessee is going for Kerry. Nashville area is mostly republican except for inner city, and ALL of East Tennessee is very conservative. I think all the pollsters do is call Memphis and downtown Nashville.

Thats because it's the only part of the state that has phone service.

J/K. I love Tennessee, it's partly why my great state exists.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:25:49 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:28:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 9:28:29 AM EST by CRC]
TN is pretty conservative state.

Not a whole lot of liberals in the Tri-Cities area that I know of.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:29:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:38:31 AM EST
What determins the number of electoral votes a state gets? If it'a just on population than (compareing New Jersey to Texas) Texas should have 38 votes...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:42:12 AM EST
According to this information, Minnesota has a 1% lean to Kerry, I am fairly confident that having elected a republican for a governor 2 years ago, we can welcome 10 more votes to the Bush campaign.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:43:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:45:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

Originally Posted By KhanFire:
What determins the number of electoral votes a state gets? If it'a just on population than (compareing New Jersey to Texas) Texas should have 38 votes...

Electoral votes are based upon two things - the number of Senators, and each State always has two, and the number of House Representatives, which is based on population!

There is a guarantee that each State, no matter what its population might be, is always entitled to at least ONE House Representative.

So the smallest, least populated states always have 3 Electoral Votes!

One for each Senator and one for each House Representative!

It's in the US Constitution and will NEVER be changed!

Why will ir never be changed?

Cause there are a sufficient number of such states that would NEVER ratify the Constitutional Amendment to change the way Electoral Votes are determined, and the manner in which the House is apportioned.

Eric The(Historical)Hun

Ahh, you are wise as always.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:46:57 AM EST
www.electionguide04.com/straw_poll.adp

Most accurate at the end of the month, but Kerry has never gotten close to Bush in this one, even on the 31st (last day before it resets)....

The margin was over 100 electoral votes....

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:51:33 AM EST
Hey ETH,

I've been looking into some things and I'm wondering if you, as a Texas lawyer, can vett my thinking.

Is it true that TEXAS can be, without further permission or action by Congress, devided into up to 5 states!!?!?!

If so, I see an EASY way for us to get some much needed Senatorial swings! Just split texas into three states: North Texas, South Texas, and East Texas -- bringing the total number of senators from the areas from 2 to 6!

Wow, what fun we would have.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:52:06 AM EST

At about 3pm on a weekday when everyone with a job is at work. The pollsters get housewives, welfare reciepiants and other unemployed types.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:52:24 AM EST
Tennesee, I'm ashamed.

At least Arkansas is leaning right. I hope it stays that way...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:57:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:03:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:05:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

Arnold could change those points.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:19:08 AM EST
I like the way it looks now.

Fight to the finish!
tony
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:47:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
I think Arizona will go with Bush.

Yes, but isn't it frustrating that AZ is starting to lean Dem, we can thank all the libs that are vacating the hell they created in their own states, just so they could come here and repeat the same process. They are a virus.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:50:02 AM EST
New Mexico, Penn, and Ohio could still go to Kerry. Other than that, the map is pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:24:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:
I cannot imagine that President Bush would carry Tennessee by at least 4 percentage points in 2000, but it would be a 'toss-up' in 2004?

That just doesn't make sense, that Tennesseans would turn their back on native son AlGore, just to vote for liberal-azzed Yankee John Kerry four years later?

Eric The(AstonishedAndALittleBitDoubting)Hun

my thoughts also
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:28:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:
California as weak for Kerry?

How can that be?

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:37:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
From the amount of Bumper stickers, Military residents and yard signs, Bush has Colorado.

you better deliver us CO. M4!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:46:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
I just can't buy the AOL poll, it has Bush taking MA, and that is just not comprehensible to me.

The numbers are low right now...

They had MA, CA and the usuall suspects for Kerry on the 31st, at the end of the cycle...

It will become more 'accurate' as more votes are collected...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:29:27 PM EST
For ETH that the electoral college will 'never change'...here in CO some people (transplanted Californians it is said) have placed a ballot initiaite to change the electoral votes to be proportional to the overall vote. This would be the first state to do so, and they even want it to apply immediately (as in before the official EC casts for 2004, sure to cause a legal fiasco).

It might be close, as the Kerry side could potentially get 4 or 5 votes, instead of rolling the dice for 9.

If it were to work out in favor of the Dems, expect similar attempts to undermine the EC in other states where they see it to their advantage. Many folks want the whole election to be decided on the popular vote, no matter what was laid down 200+ years ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:11:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 7:12:17 PM EST by AR15fan]

This ones more accurate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:26:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
www.electionprojection.com/images/EVMap.gif

This ones more accurate.

except for polls showing President Bush leading in NM and PA.....

you sure want to seem awful pessimistic........
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:37:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By XJ:
For ETH that the electoral college will 'never change'...here in CO some people (transplanted Californians it is said) have placed a ballot initiaite to change the electoral votes to be proportional to the overall vote. This would be the first state to do so, and they even want it to apply immediately (as in before the official EC casts for 2004, sure to cause a legal fiasco).

It might be close, as the Kerry side could potentially get 4 or 5 votes, instead of rolling the dice for 9.

If it were to work out in favor of the Dems, expect similar attempts to undermine the EC in other states where they see it to their advantage. Many folks want the whole election to be decided on the popular vote, no matter what was laid down 200+ years ago.

\

Cant be done without a constitutional amendment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:42:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By GonzoAR15-1:
Hey ETH,

I've been looking into some things and I'm wondering if you, as a Texas lawyer, can vett my thinking.

Is it true that TEXAS can be, without further permission or action by Congress, devided into up to 5 states!!?!?!

If so, I see an EASY way for us to get some much needed Senatorial swings! Just split texas into three states: North Texas, South Texas, and East Texas -- bringing the total number of senators from the areas from 2 to 6!

Wow, what fun we would have.

We can split Washington State into two more Texas'...would that help?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:44:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Originally Posted By XJ:

\

Since when has the law stopped the dems from doing anything. They'll connive some way around it, like they did to keep the St Louis polls open a few hours past the deadline for the rest of the state. Lying, cheating, bogus lawsuits, outright fraud & staged incidents are these assholes stock & trade.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:47:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 7:50:03 PM EST by gunham]
Cali needs to be split into two states, the Democratic south and the Republican north. I beleive that in 2000, New Mexico actually should have gone to Bush, except for a vote counting problem where the straight ticket votes did not get counted.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:40:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 11:42:15 PM EST by MoparMike]

Originally Posted By Hexagram13:
mywebpages.comcast.net/davisanthonyc/bushus.jpg

My ass! There is way too much hate for Bush for him to win the entire fucking country! I want Kerry to lose miserably as much as the next man, but isnt that image just a teeensy bit absurd?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:52:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By gunham:
Cali needs to be split into two states, the Democratic south and the Republican north.

You have it backwards.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:00:04 AM EST

Fight to the finish!
tony

I think that's just a wee bit optimistic!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:03:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 5:05:07 AM EST by motown_steve]

Trust me, guys, there is NO WAY Tennessee is going for Kerry.

IT BETTER NOT!

And what is up with Nevada too?

This is all big talk from a guy who lives in a state that has not voted Republican since 1984!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:04:18 AM EST

Fight to the finish!
tony

I wish!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:14:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Originally Posted By XJ:

\

Since when has the law stopped the dems from doing anything. They'll connive some way around it, like they did to keep the St Louis polls open a few hours past the deadline for the rest of the state. Lying, cheating, bogus lawsuits, outright fraud & staged incidents are these assholes stock & trade.

You are incorrect. There is nothing in the Constitution mandating a "winner takes all" apportionment of the Electoral College votes for a state. If the states wish to change the way the votes are rewarded, they can do so. See Article II, Section 1: "Each state shall appoint, in such manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a number of electors..." (Emphasis added.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:24:18 AM EST
Al Gore couldn't win Tennessee, and neither will John Kerry.
Tennessee will be red in November. I guarantee it.

Top Top