Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 12:30:03 PM EDT
I just pre-ordered the game off of Amazon.com, and it says that it is supposed to be released March 20th.  I heard something about a new announcement coming out about the game a few days ago, but never read anything.

Anyone know if thats the actual release date, or am I going to have to cry for another two months waiting for this one?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
i heard

87   days man

just couldn't resist that one
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i heard

87   days man

I understand its an inside joke, but the whole 87 thing is going to make my head explode... please fill me in.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i heard

87   days man

I understand its an inside joke, but the whole 87 thing is going to make my head explode... please fill me in.

Nathan

The first rule of 87 is that you do not talk about 87.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Anyone know if thats the actual release date, or am I going to have to cry for another two months waiting for this one?

Guys at the local gamestop are now saying late June.  I cancelled my pre order.  Didn't feel like waiting that long for the damn game!

(And knowing Bethesda software, the game won't work on gen 1 360s.)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Last I heard it ships on March 21 st.  Has that changed?  I am really looking forward to this game
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys at the local gamestop are now saying late June.  I cancelled my pre order.  Didn't feel like waiting that long for the damn game!

(And knowing Bethesda software, the game won't work on gen 1 360s.)

I wouldnt trust gamestop on any release date unless it was sitting on their shelves, and I hope they are wrong as usual for that one.

When this game comes, I will probably cut myself off from the outside world for a couple of weeks.  I am quite certain that it will be game of the year, just looking at the screenshots and info allready availble for the game.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I wouldnt trust gamestop on any release date unless it was sitting on their shelves, and I hope they are wrong as usual for that one.

When this game comes, I will probably cut myself off from the outside world for a couple of weeks.  I am quite certain that it will be game of the year, just looking at the screenshots and info allready availble for the game.

Well, I don't trust anything developers say either.  All a bunch of liars they be

Gamespot says March 20.... so, perhaps this month.

Like I said, I hope it works fine on the 360.  I had problems with the original on my XBOX (thompson drive problem)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I don't trust anything developers say either.  All a bunch of liars they be

Gamespot says March 20.... so, perhaps this month.

Like I said, I hope it works fine on the 360.  I had problems with the original on my XBOX (thompson drive problem)

PC version for me, collectors edition

gotta make those 7800gtx cards in SLI work hard
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

PC version for me, collectors edition

gotta make those 7800gtx cards in SLI work hard

I see you're trying to make your vid cards cry.

You lucky bastard you.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope it will be more like Daggerfall then Morrowind
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Everything this studio touches turns to gold.  I am looking forward to a whole new experience, rather than emulating one of their previous games.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything this studio touches turns to gold.  I am looking forward to a whole new experience, rather than emulating one of their previous games.

I liked Daggerfall alot when it was out, I played it longen then most any game.  Was abit too open though but it was good.  I got Morrowind expecting a similar expiernce, I wasnt very happy with it
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I liked Daggerfall alot when it was out, I played it longen then most any game.  Was abit too open though but it was good.  I got Morrowind expecting a similar expiernce, I wasnt very happy with it

I think Morrowind was probably the single greatest game I have every played, and the most worthwhile game (as far as purchasing goes).  I will be dissappointed if Oblivion is just Morrowind in a new world, with prettier graphics.  I would like to see a whole different story and style of gameplay.  Bethesda has not dissappointed before, really looking forward to trying the new one out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Morrowind was probably the single greatest game I have every played, and the most worthwhile game (as far as purchasing goes).  I will be dissappointed if Oblivion is just Morrowind in a new world, with prettier graphics.  I would like to see a whole different story and style of gameplay.  Bethesda has not dissappointed before, really looking forward to trying the new one out.

I wasnt that happy with the Battlespire game they put out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#15]
i cannot wait, i have a feeling the release date is on the forums
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I still haven't finished Morrowind. Also, alchemy pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#17]
From the Elder Scrolls Website.  

Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games Announce
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to Ship March 20

Quintessential RPG for the Next Generation Coming to Xbox 360 and PC

Rockville, MD - March 2, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks® and 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ has gone to gold master and will be available in stores in North America and Europe during the week of March 20. Oblivion will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and collector's editions.

"Our most ambitious project ever is finally done," said Todd Howard, executive producer of Oblivion. "We're excited to get the game into everyone's hands and let them experience it for themselves. We hope they enjoy it. I think it's our best game yet."

Oblivion is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG for the next generation providing gamers with one of the most life-like gaming experiences to date. The powerful combination of unprecedented graphics and freeform gameplay allows gamers to unravel the main quest or explore the vast world at their own pace. Oblivion is the fourth chapter in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series that includes Morrowind® (2002 RPG of the year - Computer Gaming World), Daggerfall™ (1996 RPG of the year -- PC Gamer), and Arena (1994 RPG of the year - Computer Player).

"Oblivion will set the new standard for next generation gaming and change the way role-playing games are viewed forever," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "We set very high goals and ensure they are reached because that is what our fans deserve and have come to expect from Bethesda Softworks. We are very proud of our team's accomplishments with respect to Oblivion."

Oblivion has already garnered numerous awards and an impressive collection of accolades, including being voted "RPG of Show" in 2005 by the Best of E3 Game Critics Awards. Oblivion ranks as one of the "Most Anticipated Games of 2006" according to PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN, and Yahoo Games among many others, and has been featured on nearly thirty magazine covers worldwide.

"Oblivion is one of the most anticipated video games of 2006 and its release will be a milestone for the Xbox 360 and PC," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director, 2K Games. "A shining example of next-generation role-playing, Oblivion breaks new ground in the genre with unparalleled graphics, revolutionary gameplay and an expansive RPG world."

Oblivion for Xbox 360 and PC, co-published by Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games, has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
From the Elder Scrolls Website.  

Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games Announce
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to Ship March 20

Quintessential RPG for the Next Generation Coming to Xbox 360 and PC

Rockville, MD - March 2, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks® and 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ has gone to gold master and will be available in stores in North America and Europe during the week of March 20. Oblivion will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and collector's editions.

"Our most ambitious project ever is finally done," said Todd Howard, executive producer of Oblivion. "We're excited to get the game into everyone's hands and let them experience it for themselves. We hope they enjoy it. I think it's our best game yet."

Oblivion is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG for the next generation providing gamers with one of the most life-like gaming experiences to date. The powerful combination of unprecedented graphics and freeform gameplay allows gamers to unravel the main quest or explore the vast world at their own pace. Oblivion is the fourth chapter in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series that includes Morrowind® (2002 RPG of the year - Computer Gaming World), Daggerfall™ (1996 RPG of the year -- PC Gamer), and Arena (1994 RPG of the year - Computer Player).

"Oblivion will set the new standard for next generation gaming and change the way role-playing games are viewed forever," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "We set very high goals and ensure they are reached because that is what our fans deserve and have come to expect from Bethesda Softworks. We are very proud of our team's accomplishments with respect to Oblivion."

Oblivion has already garnered numerous awards and an impressive collection of accolades, including being voted "RPG of Show" in 2005 by the Best of E3 Game Critics Awards. Oblivion ranks as one of the "Most Anticipated Games of 2006" according to PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN, and Yahoo Games among many others, and has been featured on nearly thirty magazine covers worldwide.

"Oblivion is one of the most anticipated video games of 2006 and its release will be a milestone for the Xbox 360 and PC," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director, 2K Games. "A shining example of next-generation role-playing, Oblivion breaks new ground in the genre with unparalleled graphics, revolutionary gameplay and an expansive RPG world."

Oblivion for Xbox 360 and PC, co-published by Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games, has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.

Fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Some PC screenshots to wet everyones appetite for this game -

16 square miles to roam around
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#20]
The Chapter 2 video of the forest is just amazing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Chapter 2 video of the forest is just amazing.

Amazing.

Direct link to chapter 2 video -

bethsoft.com/downloads/video/ob_chap2us.wmv
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Hi-Resolution screenshots released (for the PC)-

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top