Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:46:11 PM EDT
I've got what I think is tendonitis in my left elbow.  The descriptions of Tennis Elbow fit it pretty closely.  It doesn't hurt in the joint but, with the arm held straight out in front of me with the palm down, it hurts a little around towards the top of the arm in the hollow between the point of the elbow and the large muscle on top. The pain is also slightly towards the wrist about an inch from the tip of the point of the elbow.  It's a sharp pain, worse when I grip something or try to pull something apart.  It doesn't hurt at all to move the arm with no weight in the hand and not grippng anything.  I also have the full range of motion.  I also see no swelling and there's really not anyplace I can press on it with my fingers that makes it hurt.  Oh, and no tingling or numbness at all.
I picked up a Tennis Elbow brace, the narrow one with the pad that presses on the tendons just below the elbow, and it seems like it helps but it's still seems to be getting worse.  I've iced it a few times and I'm taking ibuprophen.
I know if I go to the doctor he's going to say "immobilize it for a week and get back to me if it's not better".  Kind of tough to do right now though.  Or he'll order some expensive tests that my insurance will balk at paying for, or only pay 70%.  Can't afford that right now.
Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The doctor can diagnose it in about 10 seconds.
I also use the brace. It works well for me .
You should try to rest it as much as you can even with using the brace.
I get an occasional bout if I do a lot of wrist turning, twisting wires, putting wire nuts on,
etc. You can also wear the brace all the time to prevent a flair up. It depends on what your
doing to cause the flair up.
oh, and believe me, its hell getting old!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I am going to tell you what my mother believes is a cure all ...

Soak it in Epsom salt ....If that don't work.. get some Heroin ..
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Also look up radial nerve entrapment.
Had surgury for this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds just like the tennis elbow I had...diagnosed by me then verified by my dr.  I waited about a month or two to go to the dr. but it sucked doing things like, opening the fridge, opening doors or shaking hands with someone.

My dr. baiscally said that it is mainly due to a weakened forearem muscle.  I got it from playing Wii bowling, and my dr. got it from playing Wii baseball with his son.  If you want more details I can go into why it happened...but here's the cure.

This will take months (like 2) to heal, but put your arm straight out locking your elbow.  Now raise the palm of your hand, so that it looks like your telling someone to "stop"  hold that position for a minute, then point your hand down towards the ground hold that, then do the left side and right side pointing your hand.  Do this randomly throughout the day...while taking breaks at work or at home watching tv.  Eventually it will not hurt to do it...if it still hurts after a month or so you can go to the dr. and they can hit you up with a cortozone shot or if you have my dr. "quit being a pussy."

The pic of the woman sitting in the chair and the dude in the green shirt is what I was told to do.  Just make sure you do it up, down, left and right.
Tennis Elbow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top