Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 4:14:57 PM EST
God bless them and their families

Eight U.S. Soldiers Killed Over Two Days in Iraq

By RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.
and TERENCE NEILAN
Published: May 24, 2005

BAGHDAD, Iraq, May 24 - Eight American soldiers were killed in attacks by insurgents over the past the two days, the military said today, as a renewed wave of violence continued.
Skip to next paragraph
Hadi Mizban/Associated Press

Four soldiers died in two separate attacks in central Baghdad today, and another four were killed south of the capital on Monday.

Two Iraqi civilians were also killed in Baghdad today when a car bomb exploded near a police station.

Today's attacks came after at least 33 people were killed on Monday in car bomb blasts aimed at Iraqi Shiites in what appeared to be the latest attempt to exploit the sectarian divisions that have tormented the country.

Three United States soldiers with a Task Force Baghdad convoy were killed when a car bomb exploded at about 1:30 p.m. today in the central part of the city, a military spokesman said.

About an hour later, in the same area of Baghdad, gunmen shot and killed an American soldier at an observation post. The soldier later died from his wounds, said the spokesman with Task Force Baghdad, Sgt. First Class David Abrams.

Also today, the military said that four soldiers assigned to the Marines were killed on Monday when a roadside bomb exploded near their vehicle during combat operations in Haswa, about 25 miles south of Baghdad.

The two Iraqi civilians died when insurgents attacked a police patrol in southeast Baghdad near the Alwiyah police station, an officer with the Interior Ministry said. Seven civilians and a policeman were wounded.

The attack took place outside a school for girls, but the ministry officer said it was clear that the target was the police patrol.

All told on Monday, attacks across Iraq killed at least 43 people, including Waiel al-Rubaie, a senior aide in Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari's administration, and his driver, who were shot to death in the Mansour district of Baghdad. The American military said three American soldiers were also killed in the northern city of Mosul on Sunday.

link to story :

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:18:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:19:14 PM EST
Gone, but NEVER forgotten. God speed you to heaven. God bless.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:04:38 PM EST

Bumped just because.....

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:11:35 PM EST
God bless their families.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:12:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:15:54 PM EST
I thought this was going to be thread on the 1919 Chicago White Sox aka Black Sox.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:19:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By VTwin60:
I thought this was going to be thread on the 1919 Chicago White Sox aka Black Sox.

Must you be an ass in EVERY thread tonight ?

Have some fucking respect.......
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:21:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 6:22:46 PM EST by VTwin60]

Originally Posted By JB69:

Hey I served and did my time. I was there at the Khobar towers to see 19 of my fellow Airmen killed. So respect I have. I do not wish to dwell upon the casualties of war as that is the game of the liberal media at large. That is how they justify their agenda to continue to make our efforts look bad.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:22:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:27:39 PM EST
I got a friend over in that sector that they died in..

Waiting on an update as to what unit(s) they were.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:30:03 PM EST

Hey I served and did my time. I was there at the Khobar towers to see 19 of my fellow Airmen killed. So respect I have. I do not wish to dwell upon the casualties of war as that is the game of the liberal media at large. That is how they justify their agenda to continue to make our efforts look bad.

Don't worry about it, I hear you bro, I stayed in the tower next to the one that that got hit, it is shitty what happened in Saudi and in Iraq, but we that have been there and done that deal with it in different ways than the general public. God bless them all.......
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:31:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By lowdrag82:

Don't worry about it, I hear you bro, I stayed in the tower next to the one that that got hit, it is shitty what happened in Saudi and in Iraq, but we that have been there and done that deal with it in different ways than the general public. God bless them all.......

God Bless them all and the 4404th!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:52:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By JB69:

Point taken, I see your reasoning, but It's not about "dwelling" on their deaths, for me. My reason for posting was to honor them in some small pathetically inadequate way, as that's all I CAN do.

And in case you haven't noticed yet, this site isn't exactly a bastion of idiot liberal jackasses, so I think you wont have to worry about helping those scum justify anything, for the most part.

That said, I appreciate YOUR service to this country and I thank you, wholeheartedly.

I apologize for coming off so harsh and will keep good thoughts for those you knew and lost, as well as their families.

I have friends who have been / are over there. It's a touchy subject for me.

I'll defend them every possible way I'm able, without a second thought... I hope and am sure you understand.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:58:25 PM EST
Bump for the day shift and to never forget those who gave so much. It's to dwell on death, rather to honor those who fell. There is nothing more anyone can do. Think of the families they leave behind. They carry the torch of freedom just as much as their loved ones did. They are the essence of America.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:03:56 PM EST

So many sons and brothers and fathers...
Top Top