Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2002 12:50:58 PM EDT
[url]http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/04/24/1019441265555.html[/url]

Egyptian Prime Minister Atef Ebeid said his country would go to war with Israel if Arab countries stumped up $US100 billion ($A186.32 billion) to pay for the confrontation, in an interview published yesterday.
"If you want to undertake an action and be ready to face up to challenges, you need at least $100 billion," he told the Abu Dhabi Government's Al-Ittihad newspaper when asked why Egypt had taken no measures against Israel's military offensive against the Palestinians.

"I told you we want $100 billion," he repeated in response to a question why Cairo had not expelled Israel's ambassador to Egypt.

"Let the Arab world give $100 billion from Arab funds deposited around the world. Let it say to Egypt: 'This is a budget for confrontation. This budget is at your disposal. Undertake confrontation,' " he said.

View Quote

What a bunch of shitbag losers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why they would discuss such matters in the open.

Under the Clinton Administration we sold those guys 640 M1A1 Abrahms Tanks...
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

Our $3 billion support for Egypt should end. Let the Arabs fund them like they want. If we could make a deal with the Europeans/Russians, the Arab world wouldn't be able to purchase the high tech armaments they need, making the money irrelevant.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope someone ponies up the dough.  When Ariel Sharon came to power, his defense minister told the Egyptians "If you so much as sneeze on us, we'll bust the Aswan dam".  I would love to see that happen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that's an expensive whore!

I would've said "mercenary", but if they go against Israel, they'll likely get screwed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a Joke.

From Revelations.
AND THE DRAGON LAYS WITH THE WHORE.....Well we know who the Whore is,  Now who's the Dragon??? CHINA???

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm!  I'd like to read the original quote from the Abu Dhabi Government's Al-Ittihad newspaper!  [:P]

Doubt this was said!

DaMan
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hmmmm!  I'd like to read the original quote from the Abu Dhabi Government's Al-Ittihad newspaper!  [:P]

Doubt this was said!

DaMan
View Quote

Why is it you believe nothing ill of the Arabs and everything ill of the Israelis? You're as bent as EricTheHun, just the other way. Is that your reason for being? To be the yin to his yang?

You've certainly got a good handle on the saudi, egyptian and pallie yang.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why is it you believe nothing ill of the Arabs and everything ill of the Israelis? You're as bent as EricTheHun, just the other way. Is that your reason for being? To be the yin to his yang?
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
my impression when i read this was not that egypt had set a price of 100billion for their services, but that ebeid was trying to put the cost of conflict into terms people could understand. people in egypt may be calling for war, but without any thought to how  negatively it would effect the country.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
my impression when i read this was not that egypt had set a price of 100billion for their services, but that ebeid was trying to put the cost of conflict into terms people could understand. people in egypt may be calling for war, but without any thought to how  negatively it would effect the country.
View Quote

Egyptian Prime Minister Atef Ebeid said his country would go to war with Israel if Arab countries stumped up $US100 billion ($A186.32 billion) to pay for the confrontation, in an interview published yesterday.
View Quote

It sounds to me like they would march if Arab countries would send over a camel with 100 billion dollars.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, but could we intercept that money camel? Sounds like a job for the ar15.com army!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top