Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/27/2001 10:52:09 AM EDT
This is from an AP article. Most of it was what you'd expect. But with regard to the comment I've excerpted here, I have to wonder what the speaker thinks of the potential alternatives. Not surprisingly, the guy was an advisor to Bilary. The full article is at: [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010927/us/attacks_airplane_bullets.html[/url] Excerpt:
But even with special bullets, there is no guarantee that gunfire would not jeopardize the safety of an aircraft, its passengers and crew, said Jack Beauchamp, a pilot and California Institute of Technology chemist who advised the Clinton administration on aviation security. ``It's a sort of thing for which there isn't a lot of data,'' Beauchamp said. ``It's very difficult to predict what might happen.''
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:59:53 AM EDT
Yep it's better to shoot the plane down than to hurt their poor ear drums. Can't have them living with bad hearing...better to just kill them all. Gotta wonder where the hell they find these people. How can they figure it would be better to shoot down a plane (since themilitary was just given the ok) than to have someone with a gun. So what if they lose some hearing...at least they are alive.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:19:08 AM EDT
Given the fact that Jesse Jackson wants to be such a help, I say we send him on a plane to Afghanistan. During the flight have someone shoot a regular bullet through the plane and see what happens. Then we will know if the loss of pressurization will cause the entire plane to discentigrate, or if everything is ok. If everything is fine make sure to carpet bomb Jesse's hotel in Kabul! This surves two purposes. We find out what happens to the plane, and we get rid of Jesse either way.
Top Top