Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 7:24:58 AM EDT
Some guys at work were having an email discussion on the rumors of the CIA transferring terror suspects to other countries so they can be interrogated more effectively.  These messages reeked of self-congratulatory moralizing about how horrible this is.  They made one mistake.

They incuded me on the recipient list.

I sent the following to them in a "reply to all" and haven't heard back from them.

I personally have little compassion toward members of terrorist organizaations such as al Qaeda.

We need to be realistic about them and their goals.

If letting a Middle Eastern intermediary interrogate them prevents another 9/11 or worse, I say so be it.

We have to be realistic about the enemy that we are facing.  These are the same types who slaughtered a couple hundred children inside their school in Beslan.  These are the types who saw the heads off helpless hostages.  These are people who don't want to negotiate and have no interest in our compassion, empathy, or understanding.  They surely don't want to live in peaceful coexistence.

This is a cruel, determined enemy.  They think they are doing God a favor by killing us (the "infidels").  They enthusaistically throw their lives away in efforts to kill innocent people who believe differently.

The sad part is that so many people refuse to acknowledge this fact, and coddling captured terrorists does nothing to improve our safety.

People bemoan the treatment of captured terrorists, yet if another major attack occurs here these same people will say, "The government should have done more to prevent this!"

You can't have it both ways.

When it comes to protecting my family and nation from these threats, I say do what is necessary.  As long as I have a political voice and the means to influence events, albeit in a small way, my daughters WILL NOT wear a burqa.

Most Americans are too concerned with their comfort and entertainment to comprehend this enemy.  They don't want to think about it because it intrudes on their pleasant routines.  If operations against terrorist groups are hamstrung and hand-tied to the point of being rendered ineffective, we will face an event that will make 9/11 pale in comparison.

Here is a glimpse of the people who want to slit your throat and blow up the mall while your kids are shopping:  http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/default.htm

The truth is indeed unpleasant, but we ignore it at our own peril.

Regards,

What will it take to make them see what's going on?  Another 3,000 dead?  Maybe 10,000 would wake them up?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:25:38 AM EDT
Ask them why they didn't care when we did it under Clinton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top