Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2002 10:09:11 AM EDT
I am going to get one of these two pistols.  Which do you think is better and why?  Thanks for your input.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with the Baer, just because no self-respecting pimp would own one.  The same can't be said about the Kobra.

Appearances aside, the Brown guns seem to be held in a little higher regard than the Baer guns.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Ken, Thanks for the input. I do take Aesthetics seriously. However, I have seen both side by side and the Kobra actually looks a lot more professional than the Bear.  As you mentioned, I am more interested in reputation and reliability than looks.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You might head over to [url]www.pistolsmith.com/index.php[/url] where this subject has been addressed several times.

I'd still have to go with the LB, but just because I always wanted one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been debating the same issue, except I am looking at the baer, wilson and springfield.  Out of those, I like the baer, does his own frame and slides and no MIM parts, but I don't like the blued finish. I may go with the wilson protector two tone, stainless/armor-tuff slide.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Ken,  Thanks again. I went to the site you suggested.  Someone there asked the same question as I did and he received many responses. Thanks agai.  I think I am going to go with the Kobra or Ed's Class A.  Have a good one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Spectre,

You gotta check out Ed Browns products.  His blued finish is nicer than any poly-teflon I have seen. It is a fantastic gun.  Go over the site listed above by Ken. I think you will get a lot of info to make your decision.  Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top