Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:14:57 PM EDT
I was reading on edmunds about the Proposed Solstice GXP With the Turbo Ecotec. It will supposedly have direct Injection to help improve fuel mileage. My question is... If they can use direct injection on a preformance Ecotec why cant they use it on the base motor and stuff it in a Cobalt? Is there a reason to roll it out on a high preformace motor only? From the little bit I have read about Direct injection which was pioneered by the Japanese (mitsu?) There is some serious efficency gains possible 20%? I'm wondering why we don't see it on eco models. I had assumed it was a Mitsu exclusive until reading about the DI Ecotec.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm betting it will eventually filter down to the "lesser" models if it turns out to be worthwhile and as costs drop.  Most new cool tech starts out on the Corvette or other high performance variant of other cars before it hits the base models...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top