Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:04:02 PM EST
I am looking for some recomendations for a lost cost but effective gun safe or cabinet for 5-8 long guns and some handguns, mainly to keep the little one safe and to keep thieves out, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:07:36 PM EST
Someone posted a "couch safe" here a while ago. Basically a gun rack inside the bottom of a couch with a lockable piece of plywood covering the rack.

Of course, if your guns are really of any value to you, you could just get a Fort Knox safe and feel a little better about the security of your firearms.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:08:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:11:46 PM EST
I thought about going this route. Just something to maybe detour a smash and grab type deal. But ultimately, if your guns do get stolen, you'll have to spend whatever they are worth to get them back. When you consider a decent safe will run $800-1300 or so, it makes that decision must easier. Even an investment in a top quality safe for a few K wouldn't be a bad idea if you plan to grow your collection in the future.

I spent 1K on a safe recently, and i figure if someone REALLY wants in it, they're going to get in given the time. But i know for a fact they aren't going to walk out of my place with the safe, and it's going to take them a bit of time and effort to get in. Not to mention the fire protection as piece of mind.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:13:16 PM EST
NRA Arms Care Plus is honestly the cheapest way to "secure" your firearms investments.
Top Top