Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 6:51:22 AM EDT
what is it? some whacko nut cult?  Term came up in a GD thread about KKK adopting a highway
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
New-agey spiritual group.  Nothing bad or to fear.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, cult.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Basically a far east religion. A buddy of mine's been practicing for 20+ years. Typical planes of existence, you got a spirit guide loking at you, ect. They have a web site.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
RUN AWAY!!! Last one I spoke with denied the existence of flight, told me the moon wasn't very far away, and a ton of other like type talk.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Google it. F'ed up as a football bat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
"the religion of Sound and Light"

1 step away from black Nike's and UFO's
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Cult.

My ex was into that for a while before she met me.

Ivan Stang of the Church of the SubGenius describes Eckankar as "The Dumbest Cult".
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't even know that was still around.  It was, still is I guess, one of the many New
Agey sort of spiritual groups that popped up in the late 60's.  

Used to know some folks that were involved with it but I never paid much attention.  I always kind of filed it into the L Ron Hubbard file of weirdness.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top