Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2014 7:38:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2014 7:41:46 AM EST by 4bangin]
Article on drudge said that Ebola patient's Liberian employer said he left keys on desk and did not see him until he showed up in the news.

I am wondering if this man knew he had a serious exposure and decided to quickly leave the country and get to the USA in hopes of getting the best treatment possible in case he did become sick?

Shit I would do that too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/10/01/texas-patient-with-ebola-told-hospital-workers-during-initial-visit-he-had-traveled-from-west-africa/
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:34:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By 4bangin:
Article on drudge said that Ebola patient's Liberian employer said he left keys on desk and did not see him until he showed up in the news.

I am wondering if this man knew he had a serious exposure and decided to quickly leave the country and get to the USA in hopes of getting the best treatment possible in case he did become sick?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/10/01/texas-patient-with-ebola-told-hospital-workers-during-initial-visit-he-had-traveled-from-west-africa/
View Quote

Of course he did.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:37:33 AM EST
The United States is an ebola magnet, because as far as we know, we've successfully treated 100 percent of the people we've brought here with it. Unfortunately, the people coming in here won't be taking much in the way of precautions to keep it from spreading to others on the way in.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:45:14 AM EST
the man knew that the person he had taken to a clinic in Africa died in front of him. The other helper died too. He knew he was exposed/infected and chose to contaminate everyone else on the way here. Fuck him. Sling shot back to Africa in a sealed container
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:45:22 AM EST
So far I'm avoiding putting on my tinfoil hat with this whole Ebola thing. Some people on this site are completely out of touch with reality and spreading some serious panic. Its really kind of ridiculous.

That said, the possibility of this being true is way scarier to me than Isis terrorists coming across the mexi boarder with Ebola or airborne mutation or any of the other potential scenarios that has anyone panicked.

Think about it. If you have a passport, and can scrape together enough money for a plane ticket you can flee Africa's shitty medical system and head to any number of countries in north america or Europe that have robust modem western medical facilities where you will have relatively good odds of surviving. Stay in Africa and your pretty well fucked. And how many people could you infect before your caught.

What would you have to lose? Youre dead if you stay.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:45:46 AM EST
I was thinking the same think early on. But why then would he expose so many other people, and not be more forceful the first time he went to the hospital? What a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:56:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:00:31 AM EST
He didn't have much regard for his own family members who he was visiting. Even if he just had the flu that was inconsiderate.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:00:36 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ClayP:
.... and chose to contaminate everyone else on the way here.

lol

the guy was at Dulles airport for 3 hours on a layover. he knew he was in trouble, but decided to risk infecting others to save his own skin.throw his ass in jail.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:03:50 AM EST

lol
View All Quotes

lol

So are you implying that ebola is the new HIV? Nothing to see here.. move along?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:06:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2014 9:07:34 AM EST by Lefthandpath]

View Quote

and that would make you one of the worlds largest douchebag.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:08:46 AM EST
We know the guy lied. It was reported that he was in direct contact with several people that died of Ebola in his Liberian apartment building a few days before he came to Dallas. We know he went to the hospital in Dallas and was given antibiotics and sent home. If he had told the people at the hospital of his direct exposure to ebola infected people, there is no way in hell they would have sent him home. He purposely deceived the hospital staff by withholding that information. I imagine he lied because he feels that he may be punished for coming to the US all the while knowing he carried the deadly infection. I am hoping that this guy didn't start with symptoms and then jumped on a plane to the US to get saved. If that is the case, we have a much bigger problem.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:08:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

So are you implying that ebola is the new HIV? Nothing to see here.. move along?
View All Quotes

lol

He's "implying" that the man wasn't symptomatic on the flight over, which means he wasn't contaminating anyone or anything.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:09:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By 57Strat:
We know the guy lied. It was reported that he was in direct contact with several people that died of Ebola in his Liberian apartment building a few days before he came to Dallas. We know he went to the hospital in Dallas and was given antibiotics and sent home. If he had told the people at the hospital of his direct exposure to ebola infected people, there is no way in hell they would have sent him home. He purposely deceived the hospital staff by withholding that information. I imagine he lied because he feels that he may be punished for coming to the US all the while knowing he carried the deadly infection. I am hoping that this guy didn't start with symptoms and then jumped on a plane to the US to get saved. If that is the case, we have a much bigger problem.
View Quote

He had a fever. He told the hospital he came from Liberia.

The hospital didn't connect the fucking dots.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:13:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By badfish274:

View All Quotes

because nurses are underpaid and over worked. (You know it is coming )

Never waste a crisis.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:14:25 AM EST
OP would do this too? so you can predict when and where you would become symptomatic and contagious? AND NOT TELL ANYONE or take precautions with whom you contact???

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:17:00 AM EST

View Quote

Same excuse illegals make for coming here
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:18:30 AM EST
IF I lived in a third world shit hole and just came into contact with hemorrhagic fever I would do what ever I could to get the hell out and get to the west for care (assuming I am not a voodoo worshipping idiot).
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:19:37 AM EST

View All Quotes

Here's the story talking about his exposure to ebola before he left Liberia. If he included these details, do you think they would have sent him home? I doubt it. Just saying "I'm from Liberia" is a good bit different from saying "I just left Liberia after being in direct contact with several people infected with ebola".

Link

Duncan was the first person to develop symptoms in the U.S. He reportedly had direct contact with someone who was stricken with the Ebola virus on Sept. 15, just four days before he departed Liberia to head to the United States, senior Liberian government officials revealed.

Duncan might have contracted Ebola while trying to save a pregnant woman’s life. Duncan helped take the woman, Marthalene Williams, 19, to the hospital by taxi in Monrovia, Liberia. She was convulsing and seven months pregnant. When they arrived, the hospital said there was not enough room for her in the Ebola treatment ward, so they were forced to return home. She died hours later around 3 a.m. Sept. 20. Two other people who came into contact with Williams contracted Ebola and died, the Heavy added.

Duncan, who was a family friend of Williams, sat in the front of the taxi while Williams, her father and brother were in the back seat. Her family said Duncan helped carry Williams, who could not walk herself, back to the family home that night.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:21:46 AM EST
Evidently W. Africans are not as dumb as some here make them out to be.

I equate his actions no differently than those peeps here that say they would take from others if the SHTF.

Survival will cause you to do some selfish shit....Who would have thought it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:22:34 AM EST

He's "implying" that the man wasn't symptomatic on the flight over, which means he wasn't contaminating anyone or anything.
View All Quotes

lol

I'm not implying anything. Other than the fact that the deniers can be every bit as dangerous to society as those who jump the gun. I've bought no surgical masks or told my kids to stay home from school. But I really dislike it when people appear to ASSume an "oh... pish, posh... this is much ado over nothing and only tinfoilers would bother to give this a second thought" stance to an issue that raises SERIOUS concerns. I'm not suggesting that we shut all flights down and "burn the witches". But we'd damn well better take a hard look at this issue. As far as the carrier goes... his apparent lack of disclosure as to his exposure to the virus is a REAL issue for me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:24:49 AM EST

Here's the story talking about his exposure to ebola before he left Liberia. If he included these details, do you think they would have sent him home? I doubt it. Just saying "I'm from Liberia" is a good bit different from saying "I just left Liberia after being in direct contact with several people infected with ebola".

Link

Duncan was the first person to develop symptoms in the U.S. He reportedly had direct contact with someone who was stricken with the Ebola virus on Sept. 15, just four days before he departed Liberia to head to the United States, senior Liberian government officials revealed.

Duncan might have contracted Ebola while trying to save a pregnant woman’s life. Duncan helped take the woman, Marthalene Williams, 19, to the hospital by taxi in Monrovia, Liberia. She was convulsing and seven months pregnant. When they arrived, the hospital said there was not enough room for her in the Ebola treatment ward, so they were forced to return home. She died hours later around 3 a.m. Sept. 20. Two other people who came into contact with Williams contracted Ebola and died, the Heavy added.

Duncan, who was a family friend of Williams, sat in the front of the taxi while Williams, her father and brother were in the back seat. Her family said Duncan helped carry Williams, who could not walk herself, back to the family home that night.
View All Quotes

Link

He needs to be taken out back, shot and thrown into an incinerator. I've never flown internationally. Do they ask you questions when entering the country if you've been in contact with certain things?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:25:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:
Evidently W. Africans are not as dumb as some here make them out to be.

I equate his actions no differently than those peeps here that say they would take from others if the SHTF.

Survival will cause you to do some selfish shit....Who would have thought it?
View Quote

Ok I did chuckle at that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:28:21 AM EST
one cannot assume that this virus cannot be acquired through airborne transmission. There are no absolutes in virology. So far the epidemiology suggests non-airborne but that can change overnight. FWIW I was a molecular biologist at MIT.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:30:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:31:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By Daps:
He needs to be taken out back, shot and thrown into an incinerator. I've never flown internationally. Do they ask you questions when entering the country if you've been in contact with certain things?
View Quote

And if they do what's it matter? If the story is true and the dude snuck in hoping to get better treatment why would he tell customs the truth?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:40:58 AM EST
Lets all be honest here... there are a lot of people in this world that only care about themselves. In a life and death situation, they would do whatever they have to in order to get to the USA where we stupidly give out free healthcare to anyone who wants it... So it is crazy that our leaders assume this isn't going to happen in large numbers. If we are smart... we are going to have to take some fairly harsh steps to discourage copycats from doing exactly what this guy has done. I almost hate to write this but if the guy ends up recovering from ebola, that will be a pretty significant message to anyone who has money for an airplane ticket in those countries and gets exposed to ebola.

Here is one suggestion to help curb the issue... anyone flying from one of those countries where ebola is a major issue have a 21day waiting period to buy tickets to the USA. It might work to at least curb the issue. Of course, we could also just temporarily halt flights from the areas of worst outbreak.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:41:28 AM EST
View Quote

The "best" and most expensive healthcare system in the world should be able to pick up on "fever" and "liberia" as triggers for "holy shit this guy might have ebola."
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:44:28 AM EST
Why are commercial flights still operating in and out of that shithole?

QUARANTINE AFRICA NOW
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:45:04 AM EST

The "best" and most expensive healthcare system in the world should be able to pick up on "fever" and "liberia" as triggers for "holy shit this guy might have ebola."
View All Quotes

That's assuming he was forthright in with the interviewing staff. I doubt it. I have patients who lie about smoking cigarettes

I think the real issue is why the FUCK there are no travel restrictions set in place yet by our .gov
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:45:38 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:47:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Of course he did.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Of course he did.

First post...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:49:17 AM EST
IF I lived in a third world shit hole and just came into contact with hemorrhagic fever I would do what ever I could to get the hell out and get to the west for care (assuming I am not a voodoo worshipping idiot).
View Quote

No shit.

So would everybody else.

This pretense that some ARFCOMMER’s convince themselves of........... that they would resign in Liberia to certain death is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:51:48 AM EST

View Quote

One would hope that Customs would question people coming from West Africa whether they have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms of Ebola, but somehow I doubt that made it down the chain of command.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:53:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2014 9:53:57 AM EST by badfish274]
That's assuming he was forthright in with the interviewing staff. I doubt it. I have patients who lie about smoking cigarettes

I think the real issue is why the FUCK there are no travel restrictions set in place yet by our .gov
View All Quotes

No, there is no question that they knew he came from liberia and that he had a fever.

And yes, lets quarantine Africa and send no aid, doctors, nurses, missionaries, etc. there to try to solve this problem.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:54:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By Lomshek:

And if they do what's it matter? If the story is true and the dude snuck in hoping to get better treatment why would he tell customs the truth?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lomshek:

It doesn't I'm just curious for one but backs my all the more reason to shoot him comment
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:55:06 AM EST
Ebola isn't even able to readily spread in developed nations with basic hygiene practices, and if it does its fairly treatable. Why is this even big news?

Oh right, because it's scary and people think it spreads like the common cold.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:55:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By wally910:

One would hope that Customs would question people coming from West Africa whether they have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms of Ebola, but somehow I doubt that made it down the chain of command.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wally910:

Well not at Dulles as of last week.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:55:57 AM EST
Why isn't the U.S. banning or controlling flights from Africa anyway?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:57:04 AM EST

Yeah, just like HIV can become airborne "overnight" and then we're all screwed. OMG
View All Quotes
one cannot assume that this virus cannot be acquired through airborne transmission. There are no absolutes in virology. So far the epidemiology suggests non-airborne but that can change overnight. FWIW I was a molecular biologist at MIT.

Yeah, just like HIV can become airborne "overnight" and then we're all screwed. OMG

aaaaaanny day now. Its been 30 years. HIV should be airborne aaaaany day now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:57:06 AM EST

View All Quotes

Of course the hospital staff fucked up. My point is, if the guy had told the complete truth, it would have left no doubt in anyone's mind working in the hospital. The guy lied and deceived the hospital staff by withholding information about his direct exposure to people infected with ebola. Anyone with half a brain working in the hospital would have taken it more seriously if they had all the details. The guy purposely deceived the hospital staff, and therefore was likely lying about other things like whether he was experiencing symptoms during his travels aboard his three flights to the US.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:57:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:
View Quote

Airline lobby and Wall Street.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:58:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:
View Quote

RACIST!

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:01:15 AM EST

Never waste a crisis.
View All Quotes

Never waste a crisis.

The African douche probably told the triage nurse, who dutifully entered the information into the EMR. Then he was probably sent back to the waiting room. The er doc or mid level provider then saw the patient sometime later after he was bedded. The provider did not review the triage note and African cocksucker likely did not repeat that he was in Liberia, and certainly didn't report his high risk exposure during evaluation by the provider.

Passing all of the blame on the nurse is horseshit. The Liberian is at fault and he should be executed if he lives.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:02:50 AM EST

Of course the hospital staff fucked up. My point is, if the guy had told the complete truth, it would have left no doubt in anyone's mind working in the hospital. The guy lied and deceived the hospital staff by withholding information about his direct exposure to people infected with ebola. Anyone with half a brain working in the hospital would have taken it more seriously if they had all the details. The guy purposely deceived the hospital staff, and therefore was likely lying about other things like whether he was experiencing symptoms during his travels aboard his three flights to the US.
View All Quotes

NO WAY !

It is always the dumb doctors fault.

I am certain this upstanding guy waltzed right into the hospital and told everybody he saw that he helped carry a dying ebola patient in an out of a taxi 5 days ago.........and everybody just ignored him.

Probably because he is black.........Fucking racists.....probably.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:02:53 AM EST
Every human being we save is one less we have to fight.

I heard this in a documentary I was watching the other night.

It seemed very noble, and appeared to be working out quite well for them, though I fell asleep shortly after that, and didn't finish the whole thing.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:04:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By SARS:

The African douche probably told the triage nurse, who dutifully entered the information into the EMR. Then he was probably sent back to the waiting room. The er doc or mid level provider then saw the patient sometime later after he was bedded. The provider did not review the triage note and African cocksucker likely did not repeat that he was in Liberia, and certainly didn't report his high risk exposure during evaluation by the provider.

Passing all of the blame on the nurse is horseshit. The Liberian is at fault and he should be executed if he lives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SARS:

Never waste a crisis.

you misread, medical lobby will use this as an excuse for money. they will say our good medical professionals need more money. more money means no ebola.

I am sure K street lobbyists will say it better over martinis.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:05:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By Drsalee:

NO WAY !

I am certain this upstanding guy waltzed right into the hospital and told everybody he saw that he helped carry a dying ebola patient in an out of a taxi 5 days ago.........and everybody just ignored him.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drsalee:

NO WAY !

You assume a guy from Liberia understands how ebola is transmitted. Having heard some of the stories about the rumors and bullshit over there, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't know germ theory at all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:06:07 AM EST

View All Quotes

Well, to my understanding, it can be spread via a cough or a sneeze. Because ebola is not a respiratory disease, it doesn't produce much coughing or sneezing. If the victim happens to sneeze a particularly wet sneeze, the fluids will contain ebola and the ebola can survive for a significant time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:06:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By mamacujo:
I was thinking the same think early on. But why then would he expose so many other people, and not be more forceful the first time he went to the hospital? What a clusterfuck.
View Quote

These are the same animals that rape virgins to cure their AIDS.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:06:28 AM EST
My cousin is an RN in Dallas. I talked to her the other night asking if that was the hospital she worked at.
She said it wasn't but she worked about 10-15mins from there. We then got to talking about Thanksgiving and if she was going to come home. I was telling her to come because we have some other relatives coming in and her brother and sister were going to be here but said she didn't know if she wanted to make that drive.

Last night I sent her text saying ummmmmm yeah about Thanksgiving. Maybe you should just stay home this year

She did say she's dreading the next few days as she thinks people are going to start coming in afraid they may have Ebola.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top