Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 2:59:41 PM EDT
They just closed an auction I had for a BOOK, a book. Now it is the book Mein Kampf  and it's a wedding edition with signatures. It's history and ebay closed the auction on the grounds of Hateful or Discriminatory.  Man what a load of shit! good lord I hope or should I say I know these people don't watch the History channel, they'd have a shit fit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They just closed an auction I had for a BOOK, a book. Now it is the book Mein Kampf  and it's a wedding edition with signatures. It's history and ebay closed the auction on the grounds of Hateful or Discriminatory.  Man what a load of shit! good lord I hope or should I say I know these people don't watch the History channel, they'd have a shit fit.

Quite ironic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Ebay......yep that sounds about right.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Those damn Nazi hatin Nazis.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
[rollseyes] And you just figured this out? eBay wears a virtual swastika in many aspects.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I love how people put rant in the title.  Like we would not know it is a rant already.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#7]
what happened to the good ole days when reading wasn't illegal
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's supposed to be allowed as long as you note that it is only available in the U.S. or some such baloney.  Stuff like that is banned in certain countries, that's why they shut down some auctions.

Ebay got sued in France over auctions for Nazi memorabilia, and lost.  Technically, you may be OK if you relist it, and say clearly and conspicuously in several places that it will not be shipped outside of the US.  In reality, they'd probably can it anyways.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
They are idiots.  The default text box for payment terms says to include 2% for PayPal.  So I put up an auction and they closed it - because the terms of the PayPal.

1)  They put in the text by default
2)  They own PayPal

G
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#10]
What kills me is if you go and search for mein kampf on ebay there are alot of them but why did they close my auction? and I only ship to the US. My book was also a war bring back, I don't know if this had any importance to there dicision
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:31:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I love how people put rant in the title.  Like we would not know it is a rant already.

i like it.
if i am not in the mood to read a rant i can skim the title and move on to the next thread
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Every week someone posts an ebay rant about how they got caught trying to list something that is not allowed in ebay's policies and then complains about it.  Nazi memorabilia is specifically prohibited, and in fact whenever you try and list anything in a "military" category you get an additional message at the bottom of your "create listing page" stating this policy.  Yet you still listed a book that was written by Adolf Hitler.  And now you're whining about it?  Will these people ever get a clue?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Ebay, idiots, well I didnt know that
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#14]
"A well schooled electorate, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."

Your book has no leisurely purpose. Who really NEEDS a book like that anyway? Well, the state should be allowed to have it, but certainly not normal people. The ideas in the book are dangerous. Besides, you're not well schooled.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

WTF is a "wedding edition of Mein Kampf????"

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing a nice edition that was given as some kind of formal gift at a wedding.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#17]
How much?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing a nice edition that was given as some kind of formal gift at a wedding.  

Hmm.interesting.  I'm guessing they didn't register for THAT.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Every week someone posts an ebay rant about how they got caught trying to list something that is not allowed in ebay's policies and then complains about it.  Nazi memorabilia is specifically prohibited, and in fact whenever you try and list anything in a "military" category you get an additional message at the bottom of your "create listing page" stating this policy.  Yet you still listed a book that was written by Adolf Hitler.  And now you're whining about it?  Will these people ever get a clue?  

+1

I totally agree.

It's their site, read and follow their rules.  If you don't want the auction to get trashed, take the time and understand what the rules are.  If you don't want to do that, expect it to get pulled if you're even on the fringe of being controversial to the smallest portion of the population.  Still don't like it, post it on craig's list instead.  

If you're going to Walmart take a second and make sure the cashier, that really doesn't give a shit either way, deactivates your secuirty things.  If you don't want to do that, expect to get stopped at the door when you leave.  If this is still too much, take your business elsewhere.  

If you're going to a chain restaurant expect sub par food and shitty service.  It's fast food with atmosphere, nothing more.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I totally agree.

It's their site, read and follow their rules.  If you don't want the auction to get trashed, take the time and understand what the rules are.  If you don't want to do that, expect it to get pulled if you're even on the fringe of being controversial to the smallest portion of the population.  Still don't like it, post it on craig's list instead.  

If you're going to Walmart take a second and make sure the cashier, that really doesn't give a shit either way, deactivates your secuirty things.  If you don't want to do that, expect to get stopped at the door when you leave.  If this is still too much, take your business elsewhere.  

If you're going to a chain restaurant expect sub par food and shitty service.  It's fast food with atmosphere, nothing more.

+2 and why don't you post an ad for it on stormfront, I'm sure you'll sell it quick there...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#21]
and i cant even sell any AR stuff on Ebay.
they even ended an auction for USGI M16 mag pouches that i was selling just because it was an evil assult rifle accessory.  GRRRRR   :-(
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm.interesting.  I'm guessing they didn't register for THAT.

It may well have been an official thing, and something the married couple wanted as part of the ceremony or something like that.  Remember that TONS of Germans LOVED Hitler in the late 30s, and well into the war.

It wasn't until they got their asses kicked, that suddenly it turned out that they all had really hated him, and nobody had ANY IDEA where all the Jew were disappearing to.    
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Repost it as Kein Mampf.

Frankly, it's just one of those books people should read so they have a solid understanding of why.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]
That funny. I didn't get an additional message about the book I was selling. You get a clue *head.

A wedding edition is given to the bride and groome when they are married and is signed by the mayor and stamped by the town. I guess it makes them good germans.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#25]
My wife makes small one of a kind, hand krafted dolls/figures.  

eBay shut down her auction for "Full frontal nudity".  What a joke.  It's a figure of a little new born baby.  It has diapers on but the chest is bare.  

You can do a search of eBay and punch in nude and got thousands of photographs of nude people.  Real nude people's photos, not little dolls.  

eBay sucks but at htis time, it's the best auction site around.  Too bad they don't have any real competition.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top