Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/8/2003 6:27:37 AM EDT
Some bastard hacked into my Ebay account on June 6 or 7, changed my password and e mail address, then put 7 plasma televisions up for sale. I tracked his IP address to England. Ebay got right on it and shut the auctions down and restored my account, but it was still plenty of a headache. If you have a simple password (though I did not think mine was), or don't change it regularly (I hadn't for quite some time), do it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:33:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Feedingcannibal: If you have a simple password (though I did not think mine was), or don't change it regularly (I hadn't for quite some time), do it.
View Quote
Good advice. You should use numbers, letters and punctuation in your passwords, but make them easy to remember.Some examples: AR15.COM! W0tmew0ri? Aviator
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:44:20 AM EDT
went ahead and changed my password.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:31:34 PM EDT
I usually make a random password like this: 'qwU#5$`!jeuEy#er' Then I just save it to a text file on my computer with an easy to access shortcut on the desktop. I always print out a copy as well. When I need a password, I just cut and paste it in and bingo.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:25:37 AM EDT
Very good program for keeping track of your passwords: [url=http://www.webattack.com/get/passcorral.shtml]Password Corral[/url]. Freeware - no cost, works quite well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:15:53 AM EDT
the best passwords are ones you remember. That .txt file is a security problem, like if you had a Trojan on your pc. As a cracker I would go strait for your password file...easy as 123= You are owned.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:17:42 AM EDT
Damn.
Top Top