Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 10:07:19 PM EDT
think he should be told what he has?

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1154483160[/url]

Hammer and selector
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1154478054[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to tell with his wonderful use of light & shadow.  Many M16 parts get sold on EBay, including trigger groups & GI auto sears.  This guy does have it labeled as an AR part, though.  Could get an unwitting buyer in trouble if caught (doubtful).

Norm

Just for grins, I asked him about his B/C and hammer.  I AM building up a parts gun,after all, and I DO want to be politically correct after all.  Doesn't everyone?

Norm
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Well it does say COLT AR-15.  Colt did make full auto AR-15 marked rifles did they not?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Steve R:
Well it does say COLT AR-15.  Colt did make full auto AR-15 marked rifles did they not?
View Quote

Yes, the original SP1.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll e-mail both the seller and current bidder.....

BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
He must know what he has, because he is selling the bolt seperate from the other parts.  He could have just sold it as an AR parts kit, but alarm bells would start ringing right away.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Technically it is not illegal to sell all of the "evil" fire control parts AND a bolt carrier in one package.  Add an automatic sear and the kit becomes an NFA item.  Putting the fire control parts and bolt carrier assembly in separate auctions doesn't make it any more or less legal.

I've seen many people unloading those parts from SP1s.  They've probably already been to gun stores and gun shows and had dealers cower in fear, hold up crucifixes, and start throwing holy water at them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By California Kid:
They've probably already been to gun stores and gun shows and had dealers cower in fear, hold up crucifixes, and start throwing holy water at them.
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!

Funny, but true.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I once bought 25 M16 bolt carriers at a gun show and then milled the rear-ward section to AR specs.  I then sold them at a 100% profit at the next gun show.  I know I paid $15.00 each for the carriers I bought.  This one at $83 with the bolt seems a little high.  

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top