Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 11:01:37 PM EDT
So I bought a $13 item, was sent a $20 item, which I have no use for.
shipping it back might cost $10
WWYD?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask for free shipping back due to their mess up. If not, list the $20 item and use the cash to get the $13 item.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
you're the buyer

on eBay you're in the drivers seat

get a refund from paypal and tell the seller to fuck off

that's what every other buyer with a problem seems to do

That's also why I sell nothing over $150 or so on eBay anymore
If it were me I'd message the seller and ask what they are willing to do about it

almost all will bend over backwards not to completely lose all their money and product  , get negative and a poor DSR out of the deal

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ask for free shipping back due to their mess up. If not, list the $20 item and use the cash to get the $13 item.
View Quote

so ask for a prepaid shipping label?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you open a return case through eBay you can print a  label right on there that the seller pays for out of their paypal account if they agree to a return

for $20 they might want it back but much under that alot of sellers just refund you and tell you to keep the item instead of spending $$ to get it back

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
you're the buyer

If it were me I'd message the seller and ask what they are willing to do about it
almost all will bend over backwards not to completely lose all their money and product  , get negative and a poor DSR out of the deal  
View Quote

Yup, I'm positive buyers have bought my items only to send me back their broken item and demand a full refund including me paying return shipping.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if you open a return case through eBay you can print a  label right on there that the seller pays for out of their paypal account if they agree to a return
for $20 they might want it back but much under that alot of sellers just refund you and tell you to keep the item instead of spending $$ to get it back

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, here what they sent me. (not their listing)
http://www.lamusic.ca/product-p/pw-so-05.htm
supposed to be this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EELDS0/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000EELDS0&linkCode=as2&tag=dadd00-20
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm sure that happens

Yup, I'm positive buyers have bought my items only to send me back their broken item and demand a full refund including me paying return shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you're the buyer

I'm sure that happens

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
If it's a high volume seller he will likely send you the proper item and tell you just to keep the other one.

I had a seller send me the wrong leather cartridge carrier and that's what he did.

I just "paid it forward" to a friend that had use of it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, here what they sent me. (not their listing)

http://www.lamusic.ca/product-p/pw-so-05.htm

supposed to be this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EELDS0/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000EELDS0&linkCode=as2&tag=dadd00-20

Open a item not as described with ebay. Tell them you just want what you purchased. Buyer will send you the correct item and pay for return shipping of wrong item. It's really that simple.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Contact the seller and let them know the item they sent wasn't the item you bought.  I once bought one of my favorite MREs (chili with Macaroni) off Ebay and they sent me one of the ghastly ones I hated and specifically wanted to avoid  (Mediterranean Chicken).  I let them know and they admitted the mistake was on their end, and they sent me the correct one free of charge.

Real merchants will go out of their way to avoid bad feedback.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Contact the seller and let them know the item they sent wasn't the item you bought.  I once bought one of my favorite MREs (chili with Macaroni) off Ebay and they sent me one of the ghastly ones I hated and specifically wanted to avoid  (Mediterranean Chicken).  I let them know and they admitted the mistake was on their end, and they sent me the correct one free of charge.

Real merchants will go out of their way to avoid bad feedback.
View Quote

So contact the seller Directly or go through Ebay?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Sellers are all upfront and honest.

I purchased "5 sets goatskin gloves" in a large size a few weeks ago on ebay. I received a single pair of medium size gloves. Contacted the seller to ask that he send me the other four pairs of large gloves. He immediately refunded my money and told me to keep the gloves as a "gift."

I don't want his damned medium gloves. I wanted the five pairs of large gloves.

I think I'm just going to throw the gloves away.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:it

So contact the seller Directly or go through Ebay?
View Quote
I'd just go through eBay as it will do 2 things

Get the sellers attention faster than a message

2 if the seller just chooses to ignore you the ball gets rolling that much faster
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#14]
By Long Standing Federal Law, you are not required to pay for something that was sent to you that you did not request.  Back in the past, businesses would send stuff to people that they did not want and then demand payment so the government said that if you did not order it, then you don't pay for it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#15]
If you had an issue with something you bought at a.store what's the first thing you would do? Contact the store right?  Before you go though  ebay and all that nonsense just send the guy an email explaining the situation and see what he's willing to do to correct it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you're the buyer

Yup.  Fuck Ebay.  I won't sell there anymore due to this happening to me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Contact the seller directly.  Tell them what happened.

I had a similar situation happen.  Sent the wrong item.  Told me to keep the wrong item I was sent ($9.00 DVD) and the vendor sent me the correct DVD.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top