Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2002 7:35:38 AM EDT

Can we just end the world now?

[url=http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,866514,00.html]C4 to show artist eating dead baby [/url]
Monday December 30, 2002
The Guardian

Channel 4 was yesterday back in the dock over plans to broadcast a programme showing a performance artist eating the flesh of a dead baby.

The documentary, Beijing Swings, which looks at the extreme practices of some artists in China, also shows a man drinking wine that has had an amputated penis marinaded in it.

The programme, which has been condemned by the Chinese embassy in London, will be broadcast on Thursday night. A spokesman for Channel 4 said last night: "The programme will be controversial and will shock some viewers but a warning will be given before it goes out on air."

The documentary shows stills of Zhu Yu, the artist, biting into the body of a stillborn infant. He says: "No religion forbids cannibalism. Nor can I find any law which prevents us from eating people. I took advantage of the space between morality and the law and based my work on it."

Zhu, who is a Christian, says religion has had a major impact on his work.

But the Tory MP Ann Widdecombe, said: "Jesus Christ said suffer the little ones to come unto me, not that they should be eaten for public entertainment. This programme sounds hideous."
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
[V]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]
As an artist, I'd like to voice my opinion here...

He should be lit on fire.

China...
...meditate in public -go to jail.

Eat a baby...  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#3]
That is the most screwed up thing Ive heard about in a while. Sick.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel like I just ate too much grass.
[puke][:X*]

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn! What's wrong with that guy?
What a [b]FREAK[/b]!!!

EDIT: He'll be a visionary/superstar/hero in Kali.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn! What's wrong with that guy?
What a [b]FREAK[/b]!!!
View Quote

Sounds to me like the guy's just hungry. You know, the staving artist genre and all. Thirsty too!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought it'd be another one of those 'artist' funded by a grant from some liberal [s]government[/s] organization!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds to me like the guy's just hungry. You know, the staving artist genre and all. Thirsty too!
View Quote

[:D] LMFAO!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Rather than his own TV ducumentary, I think he needs a good psycologist.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, "When I hear someone claiming to be an artist, I reach for my Glock." [Paraphrased] -Michael Savage

These days, there is no such thing as an artist. It's merely some piece of garbage trying to con people out of money. Apparently, the more blasphemous you are, the more attention you get.
-Steve
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
It's legal for this ass to eat a babies flesh but its illegal to rid the earth of pieces of crap like him.  How much sense does that make?  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm an artist too.  My art consists of sawing cannibals in half...

"No religion forbids the sawing of cannibals. Nor can I find any law which prevents us from sawing these major assholes. I took advantage of the space between morality and the law and based my work on it."

Okay steady....steeeeeeady......NOW![chainsawkill]

I've always wanted to apply that emoticon...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
There is no "art' to eating dead babies.  I would think deep fried would be best.  I would look at one of those turkey fryers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Well,

I guess, if ya gotta do it...

But I would probably opt for rotisserie, allows for marinade.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it would be more entertaining for him to eat a turd on national t.v.!  I don't think their is a law against it and I would donate mine for his consumption.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go take a dump.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is no "art' to eating dead babies.  I would think deep fried would be best.  I would look at one of those turkey fryers.
View Quote

LOL. yeah, I bet cabellas help line would be able to give a good idea on one that would work for babies.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone ever heard of a time when Art was paintings by Leonardo da Vinci and Michalangelo, and music by Bach and Beethoven? Now eating dead babies is apparently considered art. What the hell is going on here?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn, he gets to eat a baby and I can't even get a good cut of horse meat in this state anymore.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Two cannibals are talking by the fire:

first cannibal: I just can't stand my mother-in-law anymore!

second cannibal: Well then, just eat the potatos.

[devil]  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top