Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 6:44:49 AM EDT
[url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/04/06/clinton.for.davis/index.html]Sen. Clinton endorses California governor[/url]

[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/ALLPOLITICS/04/06/clinton.for.davis/story.clinton.davis.ap.jpg[/img]

[i]"His opponent does not want to talk about those issues -- choice, family planning, women's health care, the environment, education -- because to do so would clearly put him outside the mainstream of California." [/i] ~ Hillary Clinton

Yeah, That's the problem with Kalifornistan. Common sense is out of the mainstream.

[i]"I am 100 percent pro-choice while my opponent is 100 percent anti-pro-choice."[/i] ~ Gray Davis.

[:|]

Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure Ol' Red may have infinite wisdom, but he's running out of funds really fast.  Maybe he could just pimp the bitch.

[url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2002/04/04/MN145308.DTL[/url]

Borrowing $4 billion -- about 75 percent of the state's
                total payments -- would add $130 million to the
                annual payments and cost more than $7 billion total.

Either way, those interest costs would be covered by
                the state's annual tobacco settlement payments,
                which now average about $500 million.
As of October, the state already had about $26 billion
                in bond debt, with $12 billion in bonds still unsold.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
When did abortion become a state issue?
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When did abortion become a state issue?
View Quote

Well apparently Red Davis is MAKING it a State issue:

[i]Davis, citing his pro-choice stance on abortion, criticized Republican candidate Bill Simon for earlier stating "there's nothing a governor can really do on a women's right to choose." Davis said as governor, he signed seven laws affecting pro-choice decisions, including one that allows pharmacists to prescribe the so-called "morning after" pill.[/i]

Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
When is this guy gonna get slammed for the energy crunch and the tax revenue crunch that the state finds itself in as a result of his leadership(I am using that word VERY loosely)?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When is this guy gonna get slammed for the energy crunch and the tax revenue crunch that the state finds itself in as a result of his leadership(I am using that word VERY loosely)?
View Quote

Ask the Californians here. It's a mystery to me as well. The budget... well, that doesn't surprise me with national economy the way it is... but the energy crisis was totally preventable. They had years of warning and he stuck his head in the sand like an ostrich. All the decisions he made afterwards (to build more plants, etc.) were known quantities and could have been acted on long before. Perhaps he'll get away with it... blaming greedy texans or whatever. Enron would probably be an easy target... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Can someone please enlarge the photo and insert a 10 ring?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top