Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 8:18:09 PM EDT
  After the Major pinned on my Corporal's insignia, the other NCO's gave me a real "blood stripe."

I'm pretty sure the chevrons ended up lodged in my collar bones, and I have some really nasty bruises on my legs, chest, and arms.  

I've never been happier!

[marines]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
i will always remember making CPL. i still feel the spikes sticking into my collarbone. CPL was the hardest rank, had to be  a hard ass to be CPL. got all the jobs the higher NCOs didnt want. they used to call me CPL Punishment...lol
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess we all know who'll be the NCOIC for all those weekend grass-cutting details, now don't we? [;)]
[left]Congrats, CORPORAL![/left]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
OohRa!!!!

You just brought back some very cool memories.

Welcome to the NCO club.  The drinks are never diluted and when you get the crap details you can 'supervise'.

Life is good.

Now sharpen your knife and get ready for Iraq.

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember the day I got my first butt chewing from the sgtmaj for scrubbing the baseboards during floor stripping in the head shed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Yut!  Motivate!  Congratulations, you EARNED it.

Of course you know the real test will come when you are tasked with a mission and one of your former peers/beer drinking bud's gets miffed because he is now a subordinate.

Remember: Treat them all with Firmness, Fairness, and Dignity.

Good job, Corporal dissipator556!

When is the wet down?! [beer]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yut!  Motivate!  Congratulations, you EARNED it.

Of course you know the real test will come when you are tasked with a mission and one of your former peers/beer drinking bud's gets miffed because he is now a subordinate.

Remember: Treat them all with Firmness, Fairness, and Dignity.

Good job, Corporal dissipator556!

When is the wet down?! [beer]
View Quote

thats the toughest part.....having to treat your buddy like the rest of the guys under you..its gonna happen...and its gonna suck..
good luck and be the best NCO you can be
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top