Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2003 7:58:10 PM EDT
I just got one of those "we need to update our records" fake e-bay e-mail's and would like to forward it to some law enforcement agency. Any suggestions?

CW
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
ummmmm

Ebay maybe??

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ummmmm

Ebay maybe??

SGtar15
View Quote

Yeah, like they would give a rat's ass...
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
E-bay, Secret Service (who has jurisdiction over this kind of scam),  the ISP of who sent the message. (Although one can reasonable,expect it was a bogus name and address they used to get the account.)  Depending on whether or not they are large enough or have shown interest in the past, your local PD, County Sheriff/DA or State AG office.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Generally you can send abusive e-mails to abuse@??? (ISP, E-Bay).  I received an e-mail probably just like the one you received and sent it to [email protected] and got back some BS e-mail from them telling me to redirect the e-mail to some other office....  You really won't be able to find the ISP I don't think, at least it wasn't readily identifiable to me, but I'm not really an expert either.

Just trash it warn others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top