Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/4/2002 9:39:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 9:43:00 PM EST
That one might be hard to top! Good luck Ya really got balls though! [beer]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 9:46:34 PM EST
Rule 1 - Never buy a spouse/girlfriend something practicle for a birthday. [:)] Get her something that sparkles. Add some roses. Write a cheesey love poem on a silly card. Easy. [I really hope you were joking about the broom thing [:D] ]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 9:52:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:13:38 AM EST
The best thing to do is buy her something she doesn't need at all...like jewelry, new shoes, etc. Speaking of new shoes, a friend of mine bought some for his wife for Christmas (one of many gifts) and scored major points. She didn't fit in them and wanted a different style, etc., but it was the thought that counted. I like this idea: buy her a puppy and tell her it is all hers! She'll love it and baby it for a couple of weeks. Then, as it gets older and she says to, "You need to feed the dog" you can reply, "Feed it yourself...if you can't take care of it, then we'll get rid of it and will never buy you another!" Yeah, that'll work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:21:34 AM EST
Buy her a gift certificate for a day at one of those R&R places where she can have a massage (happy ending optional [shock]), a facial, steam bath, have her nails done, and all that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:25:00 AM EST
How about a new cauldron? Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble... yer f@cked already...
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:27:15 AM EST
For a minute there I thought you had been talking to Richard[%|] out at Hill Country Rifle Range...
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:22:32 AM EST
Get her a "nice, pretty, devoted, sensitive" card. I always read the cards and if I can make it all the way through without puking, the card is not sensitive enough and I look some more.[:x*] Although they say they "don't want flowers", and always whine and moan when they get them, (they are a waste of money, they dont last) but watch how she shows them off and keeps them till they're long dead.[xx(] Some people buy personal items, such as skivvies or bath stuff. Might work for you too, who knows.[;)] Seems like jewelry is always appreciated, but really eats up the cash fast. For the cost of a cheap to modest tennis bracelet, you can have a preban, w/some ammo.[^] Unless you are unusually perceptive, I wouldn't risk much else, but then, my sense of style is limited to matching camo to the terraine and recognising potential glare. Good luck.[:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:35:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:40:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 7:41:56 AM EST by revrat]
Originally Posted By marvl: Buy her a gift certificate for a day at one of those R&R places where she can have a massage (happy ending optional [shock]), a facial, steam bath, have her nails done, and all that kind of stuff.
View Quote
I thought the facial was the happy ending!! DOH!!! I have to get mine a good birthday gift for the 7th as well, or I'm screwed too. Edited to ask why in the hell did that text turn blue?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:59:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 8:02:25 AM EST by prk]
Originally Posted By revrat:
Originally Posted By marvl: Buy her a gift certificate for a day at one of those R&R places where she can have a massage (happy ending optional [shock]), a facial, steam bath, have her nails done, and all that kind of stuff.
View Quote
I thought the facial was the happy ending!! DOH!!! I have to get mine a good birthday gift for the 7th as well, or I'm screwed too. Edited to ask why in the hell did that text turn blue?
View Quote
I think it was because you put "shock" in brackets. Must be secret board code. Here, I'll try it. [shock] followed by text. Edited to add: Weird, it's not a secret code, I've seen that before. But why didn't you get ol' bug-eye? Try again with parens: (dumdedum [shock]), blah blah.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:03:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By prk:
Originally Posted By revrat:
View Quote
View Quote
I think it was because you put "shock" in brackets. Must be secret board code. Here, I'll try it. [shock] followed by text. Edited to add: Weird, it's not a secret code, I've seen that before. But why didn't you get ol' bug-eye? Try again with parens: (dumdedum [shock]), blah blah.
View Quote
Quoting myself might do it. If not, I give up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:04:20 AM EST
HAHAHHAHA that's some psychotic software!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:18:43 AM EST
My wife's BD is on the 8/14, and I asked her what does she want, and gave her choices such as blender, iron, toaster, carpet cleaning machine. I just don't know why she didn't say anything to me! Actually, for reals I'm going to give a nice leather purse from Coach(I got it many years ago, before they were bought out by anti-gun Sara Lee).
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:46:53 AM EST
Just get her a new AR15. If she doesn't like it I will take it off your hands![50]
Top Top