Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/15/2004 7:47:51 PM EST
I am currenlty a security supervisor in Phoenix and I am First Responder certified.
A friend and I were thinking about getting EMT-B certified at GCC and obviously getting a job after.

Is there a good source to see who is hiring EMT's around here or any other important things I need to know?
How much should we expect to be paid starting out and things like that would greatly help too.

Thanks,
Derek
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:14:01 AM EST
JEMS magazine has a job list. Also try Monster.com....EMT basic's are a dime a dozen. In AZ, 20K /yr would be damn fine wages. Good EMT Basics are not so common and worth a lot more but as long as teh market is full, still 20K/yr...If it makes you feel any better, I left my Forset Service job to work full time as an EMT in 1985 for $3.35/hr! Never looked back. Get some time in, couple of years then get serious and go to medic school....Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:55:59 PM EST
Thanks for the info.

Still not sure what I want to do, I was going to use it as a stepping stone before going into law enforcement, unless I liked it more.

I have applied to the same place twice and I can't get past thier psychological tests. I guess I am nuts or something. The worst part is that I have been a uniformed volunteer for them for the last 3-4 years now.

All I want to do is help people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:13:29 AM EST
Well then, if your nuts, EMS is the perfect place for you!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:04:28 PM EST
I don't know if they are still doing it, but if you hire on with Southwest Ambulance, they will put you through school. You have to work for them for a certain amount of time though.

If you already have your EMT, it should be easy to get a job riding on an ambulance or working as an ER Tech.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:58:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By AKwildcard:
Well then, if your nuts, EMS is the perfect place for you!

Good to know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:00:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By topjimmy:
I don't know if they are still doing it, but if you hire on with Southwest Ambulance, they will put you through school. You have to work for them for a certain amount of time though.

If you already have your EMT, it should be easy to get a job riding on an ambulance or working as an ER Tech.

That is also good to know. I just got on thier website, I will check it out.

Thanks guys.
Top Top