Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 6:19:12 PM EDT
I don't get it, why don't people post pics of what they are selling?  I mean, you are posting the ad because you are wanting to sell the item, right?  Why email for pics?

Anyway, just find it aggravating when looking at something that might be of interest to find no pics and have to email for them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:20:31 PM EDT
Aliens
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:20:32 PM EDT
It makes no sense to me either.  Cameras are everywhere these days.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:21:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
I don't get it, why don't people post pics of what they are selling?  I mean, you are posting the ad because you are wanting to sell the item, right?  Why email for pics?

Anyway, just find it aggravating when looking at something that might be of interest to find no pics and have to email for them.
View Quote

Agreed, I mean how hard is it to take, and post a pic?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:21:45 PM EDT
Always been one of my pet peeves as well.If you really want to sell an item post pics! I've got to where if Im looking for an item  and it don't have pics I just pass it by.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:22:11 PM EDT
IMO, it does nothing but kill potential sales.

When I was more active in the EE, I know I would just skip over ads with no pics.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:22:38 PM EDT
Because people can't figure out what the add image button is for.  Or they don't understand that you can't post a pic from your hard drive straight to a forum.   Or they can't figure out how to resize photos.  Basically, people don't know how to Internet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:22:38 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jose45:
Always been one of my pet peeves as well.If you really want to sell an item post pics! I've got to where if Im looking for an item  and it don't have pics I just pass it by.
View Quote

This as well^
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:22:44 PM EDT

For 95% of guns, I want a pic posted if I'm going to bother talking to the seller.

If its an unfired G19 or something, I could get by without the pic if they have good feedback.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:22:54 PM EDT
I've got to where if Im looking for an item  and it don't have pics I just pass it by.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:24:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
Because people can't figure out what the add image button is for.  Or they don't understand that you can't post a pic from your hard drive straight to a forum.   Or they can't figure out how to resize photos.  Basically, people don't know how to Internet.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2013 6:26:09 PM EDT by LibertarianYankee]
Boggles my mind, too. There's stuff I would have probably bought if not for lack of pics.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:29:25 PM EDT
Most common reason, laziness.
Second most common, they don't want you to see what they are selling.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:30:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By finnfan:

Same here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I've got to where if Im looking for an item  and it don't have pics I just pass it by.

Same here.

It's pretty much a warning sign.

Cameras are ubiquitous these days, there's no excuse for not posting pictures.

When I sell stuff on other forums, I always take a shit load of pictures, macro close ups of any damage.

Like so:

Think anyone needed any more pics or wondered about the condition?

Nope, sold it in like 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:31:01 PM EDT
Yea, I was looking at ads in Ar10 looking for something that might spark an interest and like 9 out of 10 clicked on had no pics.

I guess my view is if you want to sell it, put some effort into it, otherwise, I am not even going to consider it unless it is something unique.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:31:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2013 6:31:58 PM EDT by Tomislav]
WTS: Sweet Blackthorn M4 carbine built by a SEAL friend of mine. Includes Barska scope and CAA rails. Asking $2100. IM for pics!

No, don't IM for pics. But thats another one that cheeses me; if you already have the pics, post them!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:31:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MOS63B:

View All Quotes

It's fucking hard bro.

You know how many miles of fiber optic and other cable that shit has to go through?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:32:51 PM EDT
Dont want to make photos available, I dont want to buy
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:34:31 PM EDT
Because they are idiots of the highest order, or its a fake ad to keep their wife off their back.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:45:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By d90king:
Because they are idiots of the highest order, or its a fake ad to keep their wife off their back.
View Quote

This, and or lazy
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:51:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tomislav:
WTS: Sweet Blackthorn M4 carbine built by a SEAL friend of mine. Includes Barska scope and CAA rails. Asking $2100. IM for pics!

No, don't IM for pics. But thats another one that cheeses me; if you already have the pics, post them!
View Quote

Sounds more like armslist. I used to love that place but now it just sucks for instance some asshole is trying to sell a fucking CIA Tantal for $1200. I sent him a reply with a link from centerfire selling the gun for like 500.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:53:22 PM EDT
I skip ads with no pictures.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:55:12 PM EDT

Same here.
View All Quotes

Same here.

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:05:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:06:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BHO_GFY:
I skip ads with no pictures.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:07:20 PM EDT

View All Quotes

You've seen all the failed attempts to post pics and videos, right?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:09:38 PM EDT
I think a lot of people who don't waste their life away on the internet all day still don't know how to upload a picture to the internet.
Top Top