Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 12:37:53 PM EDT
Will my M65 field jacket liner button into an ECWS Gore-Tex parka for some extra insulation?  I was hoping to pick up an ECWS parka.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Many folks use the field jacket liner under their BDUs/ACUs.  It's an awesome piece of snivel gear.  I've never been a big fan of the gore tex, unless it's REALLY cold and windy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]
They may have changed things, but I don't remember my field jacket liner buttening into the Gore-Tex.

I think the new gear is mostly fleee based now, but the field jacket liner is still good gear.  There's nothing preventing you from wearing it under the Gore-Tex even without the buttons.

-K
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping to use the Gore-Tex parka in the snow.  I figured I could button in the M65 liner.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They may have changed things, but I don't remember my field jacket liner buttening into the Gore-Tex.

I think the new gear is mostly fleee based now, but the field jacket liner is still good gear.  There's nothing preventing you from wearing it under the Gore-Tex even without the buttons.

-K

10-4
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#6]
There are no buttons inside the Goretex parka for a field jacket liner.

Don't sew any buttons on one either.  The holes and thread cause a hole/seepage point for water.

The best thing to do to make it work is sew buttons on the liner.  Use the button holes on one side, and sew buttons on the other side opposite those.  Then just put it on, button it up, and then put the Goretex on over that.

Make sure the parka is big enough for the added bulk of the liner.  Same warning goes for paking it.  The liner takes up more room than the fleece, but not as much as the old bear suit POS.

The only probelm is overheating with activity, but you can just take off a layer, or use the pit zips in the parka.  The armpit holes in the liner help out with the pit zips and it works quite well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top