Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 11:32:46 AM EDT
Has anyone bought anything off of EBAY from Chinese sellers? Mainland China that is....

Some of the prices for electronic items are pretty good...almost too good to be true...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]

almost too good to be true...

I've heard a saying that revolves around that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought UV LEDS once...

Pretty damn cheap!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't be surprised if what you get doesn't work/look as described.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Sellers from China like to copy pictures and descriptions of high-priced items and relist them when of course they do not have the item.  I would only consider buying from a seller in China if it couldn't be bought anywhere else and the person had lots of impeccable feedback.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
yup.. cool stamps on the air mail...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I was just checking feeback and the seller has sold about a dozen items....All of the buyers have zero history and when you click the item number....the item is descibed something like this " ????////??.?"

All of the feedback is from the same day as well...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was just checking feeback and the seller has sold about a dozen items....All of the buyers have zero history and when you click the item number....the item is descibed something like this " ????////??.?"

All of the feedback is from the same day as well...

These are things that detectives call "clues."
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I've bought white LEDs several times from ebay sellers located in Hong Kong - Decent quality, great prices, and surprisingly fast shipping. They tend to exaggerate the specs, but teir prices are low enough to still make them a good value. LED and xenon flashlights are hot items right now - they even have Luxeon ("Ruxeon"? ) clones.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes.

Once while shopping for BUIS's on ebay, I ran across an ARMS clone. On a whim, I bought it (ARMS 40L) from WAR4TOYS (Hong Kong) about a year ago. It took a little over a week to get it here (TX). Only cost like $45 - shipping included. So I figured, what the hell, and took a chance.

Aside from the missing Swan graphic, comparing it side by side with an actual ARMS 40L, I honestly can't tell the difference.

(EDITED FOR SPELLING)

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Also, many countries don't have copyright laws, meaning that you might order say the Surefire vertical grip/light and get a poorly reconstructed knock off of the original thing.  I believe China is one of those countries by the way, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Do everyone here a favor and buy from the USA.  We all know, China doesn't need any more money.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]
here ya go...someone is sniping the auctions and the user name is...''itsascam''

Must have got burned
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep. I bid on silver coins with the "panda." when I won the bid I asked them if I could possibly get a coin with the "Great Wall" of China. Received them both pretty fast from China, and nice air mail stamps like the other guy said...

Also won a bid for Russian WWII 20 coin set, there were air mail stamps all over the front, AND BACK of the envolope...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Also, many countries don't have copyright laws, meaning that you might order say the Surefire vertical grip/light and get a poorly reconstructed knock off of the original thing.  I believe China is one of those countries by the way, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Do everyone here a favor and buy from the USA.  We all know, China doesn't need any more money.

And you might get a nastygram from the Postal Inspectors or Customs on why you conspired to import illegally pirated items.  Or just a note that the items violated Customs laws and were confiscated.

Pays yer money and takes yer chances.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]
On a side note, like bringing back a $28 "Rolex" from Korea.  I figure I'ld get jacked and shot by a gangsta who was the only person who believed it was the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#16]
In the last month I've bought about a dozen items from sellers in China, Hong Kong to be precise.  Mainly these were "luxeon" flashlights, battery chargers and lithium ion rechargeable batteries.  I knew the "luxeon" flashlights were clones.  All of the items were exactly as described and shipped promptly.  Couldn't be happier with the stuff I've bought.  There are a number of good vendors that are linked to the factories making the stuff and selling it cheap and do a very professional job of it.  Just be aware of the shipping charges, some of the flashlights I bought for a penny and paid $15 shipping, look at the total price every time, and check the seller's feedback.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't do it, too easy to con/scam people and steal credit card info, not to mention that Customs is a PITA to deal with, almost as bad as the ATF.  I always buy stuff domestically and I try to stick to established vendors with good reputations and a known customer base whenever possible.  I'm very comfortable with online buying/selling, I've yet to get burned by anyone.  I'd avoid eBay at all costs because of their connection to PayPal and both are known for their anti-Constitutional (anti-gun) political stupidity.  I'd be surprised if you could buy as much as a tactical light, scope rings or a rifle sling on eBay anymore.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a bunch of cell phone stuff from a shop in Hong Kong.  Almost all of it was useable and the whole box-full including shipping was about $25.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought seasons 1, 2 & 3 of the show 24 from a guy in China. He failed to mention that they were Chinese copies (as opposed to the originals, as the photo he had would suggest).  They were decent. However, several discs did not work. I got a full refund.

Also, keep an eye on the shipping prices.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure about China, but a few weeks back I won a auction from a Japaneze vender.  The item was worth about $250.00 and no one was bidding, I'm guessing because of similiar fears.  I won it at $80.00 and everything turned out flawless.

I received my first pressing, double LP of "40 oz to Freedom" on Skunk record, in NIB condition last week.    It's a beautiful thing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top