Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 2:02:54 PM EDT
Anyone out there have one of these?  How do you like it?  Worth the price?  I have two golden retrievers and the dirt devils can't compete.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag.  My wife wants one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda pricey but they kick ass...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Great vacuums, but honestly a Hoover commercial lightweight upright has twice the suction and only about $200. Then again I prefer vacuums with bags.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Dogs, kids, carpet, tile = very dirty floors.
Been through several different vacuums in the last 5 years, hoover, dirt devil, bissel, orek, kenmore.
All claimed to be the best, all were expensive, none worked worth a shit.
We bought a Dyson two months ago, worth EVERY penny !!
I wish I had saved my money on those junk piles and bought the Dyson first.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to buy inexpensive vacuums and none of them compare to my Dyson.  I knew I was getting a dog so I wanted a decent one.  I bought "the animal" with all the attachments.  Aside from the teh ghey colors I love it.  No bags and it has more suction than my small craftsman shop vac.  I've only had it one year but it really works well and if it did self destruct I'd replace it with the same.

Now I feel ancient because I can get enthusiastic over a vacuum.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Consumer Reports did a report on vacuum cleaners a few months back, and I think this machine was among the ones they tested. I would trudge down to the local library and check what they say about the machine before spending the bucks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Great vacuums, but honestly a Hoover commercial lightweight upright has twice the suction and only about $200. Then again I prefer vacuums with bags.

Whoa!!

Lay off the crack!

I couldn't disagree more.  We have had nothing but problems with our Hoover.  It was junk from the get-go.

Dyson is top of the line.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa!!

Lay off the crack!

I couldn't disagree more.  We have had nothing but problems with our Hoover.  It was junk from the get-go.

Trust me ,I buy 50 or more vacuums a year. I have about 20 dysons. Notice I said Hoover commercial, not that cheap shit they sell at walmart. The commercial ones will last a homeowner God knows how long. They last us 2 years on average and they get heavy use as in 10k square feet vacuumed a night or more. Brushrolls are $9, belts are .99 and the hepa bags are 9 for $5. They will suck up paper clips, hard candy, pennies,etc. Dyson is close, but not as heavy duty.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought a Dyson a couple month ago.  It's awsome.  Pick up shit the others left behind.  No bags and easy to empty without touching any dirt.  Ebay is your friend.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Had one for about a year - does a great job in picking up pet hair from a dog and 3 cats. Worth every penny!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa!!

Lay off the crack!

Trust me ,I buy 50 or more vacuums a year. I have about 20 dysons. Notice I said Hoover commercial, not that cheap shit they sell at walmart. The commercial ones will last a homeowner God knows how long. They last us 2 years on average and they get heavy use as in 10k square feet vacuumed a night or more. Brushrolls are $9, belts are .99 and the hepa bags are 9 for $5. They will suck up paper clips, hard candy, pennies,etc. Dyson is close, but not as heavy duty.

Can us mere mortals buy a Hoover commerrical model, or is it like a LEO-only kind of thing?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Consumer Reports did a report on vacuum cleaners a few months back, and I think this machine was among the ones they tested. I would trudge down to the local library and check what they say about the machine before spending the bucks.

Well as I remember Consumer Reports did not like Dyson not because it was not a great vacuum clearing but because it was bagless... they don't like bagless.

Anything in Consumer Reports the last few years needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Consumer Reports has strong biases and their testing quite often plays to those biases.

I don’t own one but have seen the work and Dyson vacs are among the most effective around.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa!!

Lay off the crack!

Can us mere mortals buy a Hoover commerrical model, or is it like a LEO-only kind of thing?  

www.hescoinc.com

Wholesale prices even and cheap shipping
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't buy a Dyson just because of that Sprockets wannabe MotherF*Er of a frontman. [After long seconds of vacuum waltzing across the TV screen]And of course, it doesn't lose its suction[After long seconds of vacumm waltzing across the TV screen]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Bought mine for 10% off at Sears just before christmas. It is the best vacuum we have ever owned. YOu will be AMAZED at how much dirt it picks up off your floors.

Even I like to vacuum with the Dyson! Incredible!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

www.hescoinc.com

Wholesale prices even and cheap shipping

Thanks -  my fiancee is thinking about getting a new vac, and considering a Dyson, so I'll send her this.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#17]

I bought the Dyson animal for the wife a few months ago. Better than that POS kirby she used to have.

Actually, I'm impressed with it.

Factory Direct, free shipping.

I could have bought a few boxes of nice Habanos for what that thing cost me though
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess they are good, from what I hear they don't have better suction than a good Hoover.

"Hi! I'm Mr. Dyson, I spend the last 30 years of my life designing a vacuum cleaner! It spins dirt molecules at 50 times Earth's gravity!" How could you not want to buy one after seeing that commercial?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
i bought a Dyson on Amazon as a refurb for $250
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001MAAWK/qid=1116723036/sr=8-6/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i6_xgl60/103-5228012-1288602?v=glance&s=home-garden&n=507846
they are $279 today

we ran our previous Sharp vac on the living room for 10 minutes
then fired up the Yellow Dyson monster
it filled its tank off the "clean floor"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I just have to wonder, is this the same Dyson as Freeman Dyson, as in Dyson Sphere, the hollow-sphere-around-a-star-collecting-solar-energy astronomical superconstruct?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]
+1 on dyson being the best out there.  My wife doesn't vacume so it goes to me.  I bought it a year ago and it sees weekly use.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#22]
got the animal a few months ago.

good stuff
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I used to sell vacuums, and I got to know pretty much every brand out there.

I own a Dyson and would not think of having anything else. It isn't about hype (on either side), it is about clean carpets.

Oh, and the Consumer Reports people also rated the $49 Kenmore piece of junk vac higher than the Dyson. Anyone who has handled both can tell you that they must not have handled either. It is an embarrasment to the entire Consumer Reports enterprise.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Then again I prefer vacuums with bags.

I prefer my women with bags!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I like Rainbow the best.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I like Rainbow the best.

ewwwwwwwwwwwww
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top