Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 3:18:05 PM EDT
Can you dye green mags with black dye? I know that someone was doing HK UMP clones and recoloring the gray stocks. Does it work well?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 3:23:03 PM EDT by A-nus]
Yes, use RIT dye and hot water, remove all the metal parts that you can, and make sure you degrese

Edit- I did my H&K SL8, a styer usr, and hundreds of lacrosse sticks this way the finish is perfect and there is no build up like with paint, I have never run into a plastic that didn't accept the dye.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:19:49 PM EDT
thanks for the reply.........I think I am gonna try this
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:25:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 7:29:03 AM EDT by A-nus]
Cyclone, I got your IM but it was easier for me to respond here.

When I used to dye lacrosse sticks I didn't heat the water, but when I did the sl8 and the usr I did and think it comes out better, all I do is:

- Heat the water in a huge pot to a near boil; I don't think it is a good thing to boil the water just get it good and hot,

- Make sure you have enough water to fully cover your items but leave room for displacement.

- I take a garbage pale and put a thick contractor bag in it, pour in the rit (I prefer the liquid type) then pour the water in.

- Put a stick across the top of the pail and I hang objects off the rail on wire hangers check every so often (typicaly i just let it soak for an hour and it's done) once it is he right color rinse well and wipe off. It won't bleed or wipe off!!

- If you get a purple hue just repeat, I usually double the dye to water ratio that is recommended.
Top Top