Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:33:53 PM EDT
What are the laws about bringing back a cuban cigar from another country? Is it legal? I know they're embargoed, but can you bring a few back for your own consumption or are they strictly forbidden? I know on cruise ships Customs checks your bags before you can get off the ship. I don't need to get busted for a stupid cigar.

And how much is a duty tax on booze usually? Can't you bring back 1 or 2 bottles before you have to pay the tax?

(This is from the Bahamas)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Oddly enough, you can bring them into the country if you are coming back from Cuba, but not if you got the cigars in a third country.

Personally, I'd stay away from 'Cuban' cigars in tourist-ish places. You won't be getting top-quality from those places, and if you really want a Cuban, they are easy enough to get online.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top