Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/21/2006 11:22:32 AM EDT
Just a typical rant.

Went out for lunch with wife and daughter today and ended up behind a pack of about 20 bi-cyclers. After two lights the mob moves to the side so I start to pass. The fat fuck on the back end decides (apparently) I need to follow some more so he swerves out to cut me off. Dumb shit! Anyway I went on around .....and then this shit eater a. proceeds to start cussing me with every F word in the book and b. SPIT ON MY FUCKING WINDSHIELD!

I can't begin to tell you how fricking mad I was. Tried to get the coward fuck to pull over and get his ass off his fairy ride but he wouldn't do it! Asshole! Had to run off on his little bike and hide with his pals.

Anyway, trusting we Arfcom'rs have more than average sense: 1. Dont ever try to pull some shit like that and 2. you spit on someone be prepared to defend your fuckin self.

Rant over.

ThirtyCal.....out!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:26:43 AM EDT
bummer
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:27:09 AM EDT
Just like some dumbass (marcus vick) showing a gun gives gun owners a bad name. Shit like this does it for bikers too. Those type of riders piss me.

I do not shoot with idiot asshole shooters and I do not ride with idiot asshole riders.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:28:53 AM EDT
Also define around as in "Anyway I went around" Bike riders have as much privledge to the road as you do.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:28:59 AM EDT
Broomstick in the front wheel spokes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:33:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By amk5222:
Also define around as in "Anyway I went around" Bike riders have as much privledge to the road as you do.

And are subject to the same laws a motor vehicle is regarding impeding traffic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:36:32 AM EDT

- IME, bike riders find traffic laws applicable to them when they see fit. Its not unusual to see them blowing through red lights and ignoring other rules of the road while peddling about to and fro.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:43:21 AM EDT
And what's with the spandex and pointy-freakin' helmets????
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:43:38 AM EDT
We are not all assholes, please do not judge us too harshly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:45:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave15:

Don't diss it till you have tried it. And if you are more than 20 lbs over weight don't try it.

Please, it's for the children.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:47:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:49:32 AM EDT

Don't diss it till you have tried it. And if you are more than 20 lbs over weight don't try it.

Hey man,no slam intended.Grabbed a couple bikes out of the dump a few weeks ago.People must buy 'em,never ride ,em,then toss them.One still had the little rubber tits on the tires.Actually rode one for the first time in 25-30 years or so.Hell,they got all kinds of gears now.I remember when the hot lick was a 10 speed.One I picked up was a 28,aluminum frames and rims,and shocks.
Got another 21 speed that I'm giving a rattle can camo job,and putting on a rack and gun scabbard for chasing turkeys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:52:44 AM EDT

Why Not?

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:55:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

- IME, bike riders find traffic laws applicable to them when they see fit. Its not unusual to see them blowing through red lights and ignoring other rules of the road while peddling about to and fro.

+1 Fuck'em run'em off the road!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:59:04 AM EDT
Real cyclists will pull to the side of the road and be more than happy to let you by. We don't impede traffic anymore than is humanly possible. Even in a pace line we make sure that it's safe to drop off the front before we do so, tired or not. We obey the traffic laws, lights, lane changes, etc.

It's the weekend riders, just like the weekend commandos, that give cyclists and gunowners a bad name, not the serious cyclists and shooters, so please don't judge us with some of the a**h*** that you see on a bike that are everywhere on the road.

Robert
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:03:37 PM EDT
Feel lucky. Down here in florida, there are 2 kinds of bikers.
1: Drunk homless/mexicans that will ride a bike across a 4 lane road with a speed lmit of 50 MPH, during rush hour without looking.

2: Old people that think cycling is cool to keep in shape, but they forget that they still cant see a damn thing and are worse than old drivers that can't see a damn thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:07:26 PM EDT
Don't you just love Maryland.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 12:12:29 PM EDT by Appelsientje]
Here in Holland, everyone rides bicycles. It's part of life here for cars and bikes to share the roads. I'm an american, and when I first came here, I was surprised at some of the things these people do on bikes. Like women riding with one infant on the handlebars and another baby on a rear seat while cars are zooming by at 40 miles an hour, six feet away. I've also seen a guy transporting a lawn mower on the back of a bicycle, as well as other people transporting things like shovels and long poles. It's also very common to see people walking their dog on a leash while they peddal their bikes at the same time. People also often hitch rides on a friend's bicycle by sitting sideways on the small cargo rack above the rear wheel with both legs sticking out on one side. People find all sorts of uses for bikes when gas costs $7/gallon.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:13:43 PM EDT
Bike riders should be confined to the parks.

And bike riders apparently think they are exempt from all traffic laws. They never stop for stop signs, signal lane changes etc.

They should be banned from the roadway.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:20:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

And bike riders apparently think they are exempt from all traffic laws. They never stop for stop signs, signal lane changes etc.

That's the exact same kind of thinking that the anti-gun people use to justify more gun laws. Just because you've got a few idiots out there doesn't make all cyclists bad people or all gun owners idiots!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:22:25 PM EDT
I'm not against bikers who ride in subdivisions, or on less used roads, but when you are riding a bike down a main road, with lots of traffic, and narrow lanes that have three lanes in each direction, you deserve to be hit by a car for being stupid. I'm sorry, but bikes should be banned from these roads, and violaters arrested and taken to jail and put in the drunk/biker tank (most of them fit both those descriptions) as not many upstanding citizens would dare ride a bike on the road of which I speak.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 12:32:26 PM EDT by TulaneBME]
Well, maybe if my tax dollars weren't being spent to fund the 8 different blood pressure medications that Bubba (who drives a car to carry his lazy ass to and from the mailbox), they could be used on bike lanes to keep me out of your way.

In all honesty, most responsible cyclists do everything they can to stay out of the way of motorists. As members of an often misunderstood sport, I would think that you guys of all people would understand that every sport/hobby has its morons.

As for simply staying in parks... I often ride over 150 miles per week when the weather permits. That's tough to do in parks, especially when many "bike/run trails" have speed limits of something like 10 mph. That's like limiting shooters to 7 yard indoor ranges with a maximum of one shot per minute. However, I do agree that cyclists should keep themselves off busy streets whenever possible. Most riders with any sense do that anyways.

That being said. I've been pissed off more than a few times at asshole riders (usually yuppies who will give it up in a month anyways).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:29:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fla556guy:
I'm not against bikers who ride in subdivisions, or on less used roads, but when you are riding a bike down a main road, with lots of traffic, and narrow lanes that have three lanes in each direction, you deserve to be hit by a car for being stupid. I'm sorry, but bikes should be banned from these roads, and violaters arrested and taken to jail and put in the drunk/biker tank (most of them fit both those descriptions) as not many upstanding citizens would dare ride a bike on the road of which I speak.

The police are already arresting people for roller skating on the roads, so yeah, why not bikers too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:29:58 PM EDT
Run him over and claim that the spit blocked your view of the road.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:33:25 PM EDT
The idea that a freakin' bicyclist has the same claim to the road as my Tundra is foolish, antiquated, and should be exponged. The road is for motorized vehicles, and that the law has not caught up to that concept astonishes me. Bicyclists. Jeesh.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:34:05 PM EDT

You can thank those cyclists for your paved roads...do a little research and learn a little history about this topic that you know nothing about...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:35:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Camp_Ninja:
The idea that a freakin' bicyclist has the same claim to the road as my Tundra is foolish, antiquated, and should be exponged. The road is for motorized vehicles, and that the law has not caught up to that concept astonishes me. Bicyclists. Jeesh.

Do your research ppl...saying that cyclists don't belong on roads is like saying airplanes don't belong at airports...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:35:35 PM EDT
I am a cyclist but I do not do stupid trash like that. That deserves an ass whooping.

Max
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:37:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By squeezecockerp7m8:

You can thank those cyclists for your paved roads...do a little research and learn a little history about this topic that you know nothing about...

I know they are a road hazard and do not respect traffic laws. Will not move out of the way. Will not yield in traffic. Weave in and out of traffic.

And that's the majority not the minority.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:39:50 PM EDT
The ms 150 is a bike race from Houston to Austin. When that comes through the rural areas in between it really fucks stuff up.

When I was in hs I was hauling a load of hay 7 high with a 35 ft goose neck in the middle of this cluster fuck of a bike race on 2 lane county road.

Those were some long fuckin days
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:41:18 PM EDT

I know they are a road hazard and do not respect traffic laws. Will not move out of the way. Will not yield in traffic. Weave in and out of traffic.

For someone who doesn't like a wide brush for the boys in blue, you can sure use it for others...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:42:27 PM EDT

Do your research ppl...saying that cyclists don't belong on roads is like saying airplanes don't belong at airports...

Wrong. Saying that bicycles belong on modern roads in modern traffic situations is like saying that biplanes and dirigibles ought to be allowed at JFK on Thanksgiving day. They're why we have airports, right? Same concept?

It's simply a matter of it being unsafe, for ALL INVOLVED. In many communities, bicycle lanes are to the side of the road. This rocks, and go them. But on roads without this allowance, and thanks to the MAJORITY of bicyclists who do not yield right of way to a motorized vehicle, there is a grave danger with often deadly results. Sorry, not biting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:43:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Badass03:
The ms 150 is a bike race from Houston to Austin. When that comes through the rural areas in between it really fucks stuff up.

When I was in hs I was hauling a load of hay 7 high with a 35 ft goose neck in the middle of this cluster fuck of a bike race on 2 lane county road.

Those were some long fuckin days

I hate when I get stuck behind a slow moving farmer in the country...see how this works?

Was that road paved that you were on? Maybe you should look up how the roads got paved in this country...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:43:43 PM EDT

So they SHOULD have to plate thier bikes and put headlights, tail lights, and brake lights on them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:45:04 PM EDT

Wrong. Saying that bicycles belong on modern roads in modern traffic situations is like saying that biplanes and dirigibles ought to be allowed at JFK on Thanksgiving day. They're why we have airports, right? Same concept?

It's simply a matter of it being unsafe, for ALL INVOLVED. In many communities, bicycle lanes are to the side of the road. This rocks, and go them. But on roads without this allowance, and thanks to the MAJORITY of bicyclists who do not yield right of way to a motorized vehicle, there is a grave danger with often deadly results. Sorry, not biting.

Same concept you are calling for is why some say machine guns have no place in modern society...

Bicyclists got the roads improved in this country, that were later used by cars...you can't change that fact...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:48:52 PM EDT

Bicyclists got the roads improved in this country, that were later used by cars...you can't change that fact...

I'm outta this. We disagree. Not saying "I'm right, and you're wrong", but all the feel good who-was-here-first happy crap in the world won't change the carnage from a car vs. bicyclist where they didn't belong accident.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:54:12 PM EDT

I'm outta this. We disagree. Not saying "I'm right, and you're wrong", but all the feel good who-was-here-first happy crap in the world won't change the carnage from a car vs. bicyclist where they didn't belong accident.

I like little cars...you know what happens when an MG gets hit by an Excursion? Maybe we should ban little cars, that don't have a lot of power?

Bicyclists were the driving force behind what we think of as modern roads, and have every much of a right to the road as any car or giant SUV for that matter...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:06:15 PM EDT
I always love it when I come around a blind curve, on a narrow country road, with a 55MPH limit, and see 4 idiots riding side by side.
Then they give ya dirty look when ya lock-up the breaks to keep from damaging the truck.

They keep building more and more subdivisions in "the country" that seem to be full of idiots.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:40:11 PM EDT
I'm a biker and ARFer. Unfortanutly there are people like that in all both bikers, gun owners and car drivers. Today I did a pistol match with a bunch of great people, then went for a bike ride and ran into a dumd a$$ driving a car. To bad we all can't get along.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:52:29 PM EDT
When I was a kid in school they taught us bike saftey and the first rule was "Don't ride in the street you will get hit by a car and die!".
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:57:34 PM EDT

Hey man,no slam intended.Grabbed a couple bikes out of the dump a few weeks ago.People must buy 'em,never ride ,em,then toss them.One still had the little rubber tits on the tires.Actually rode one for the first time in 25-30 years or so.Hell,they got all kinds of gears now.I remember when the hot lick was a 10 speed.One I picked up was a 28,aluminum frames and rims,and shocks.
Got another 21 speed that I'm giving a rattle can camo job,and putting on a rack and gun scabbard for chasing turkeys.

+1 on the dumped bikes! In the pat coupla years I've pulled about 6 bikes and one Craftsman Lawn mower out. Two bikes were current models and looked new. One is a Puegeut road bike at least 25 years old and not a scratch on it. The lawn mower is last years model and had a busted throttle cable, runs great (6.5 HP self propelled).

on to the original idea of this thread: Quit your crying and wait that extra 30 seconds or so for the riders to clear out. Geez. They generally stay away from well traveled streets and they try to keep moving when ever possible. I'm sure that your life can handle the slight delay that a pack of bikers will give you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 1:59:47 PM EDT by stator]

They do not in California as they are required to ride to the far right and not impede traffic. To the orginal poster, you'd love SF during the critical mass demonstrations. It is very common out here for cyclist to ignore red lights and stop signs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:59:14 PM EDT

Actually I've not seen this to be the case. I've been driving for over a quarter century and have also been apart of these groups and they are general as respectful of the traffic laws as any other road user.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:18:23 PM EDT

Are you talking about cyclists or drivers who are talking on a cell phone?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 2:24:13 PM EDT by Hydguy]
I thought that you were supposed ride into opposing traffic so that they could see you, and you could see them?

That was back in the early '80's that I learned bike riding safety.

Also, you were supposed to stay off busy roads, and if you were on a busy road, you got off the bike ond walked it on the sidewalk.

If a dumbass on a bike feels that he has the same rights to the road as a motor cycle, thyen get a license, and proper signaling equipment (IE brake lights and headlights). Why are there laws against some scooters being used on public roads? Or minibikes? Minibikes have more power than your average cyclist.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:27:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:28:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hydguy:
I thought that you were supposed ride into opposing traffic so that they could see you, and you could see them?

That was back in the early '80's that I learned bike riding safety.

Also, you were supposed to stay off busy roads, and if you were on a busy road, you got off the bike ond walked it on the sidewalk.

If a dumbass on a bike feels that he has the same rights to the road as a motor cycle, then why are there laws against some scooters being used on public roads? Or minibikes? Minibikes have more power than your average cyclist.

Yeah, I've never figured that one out, either. No legal requirements for licencing, lights or tags(which pay for these modern roads bicycles are ostensibly responsible for), yet a silly bicycle can be all over the road. Not so for the "lesser" forms of motorized transport. They cite safety reasons. Yet let bikes stay on the road.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:38:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:38:29 PM EDT
Asshole and biker are not synonymous any more than gun owner and criminal are. I always mind my place in the food chain when riding in traffic. You encountered an asshole no doubt. Please don’t incriminate all for the actions of one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 2:49:04 PM EDT by TrijiCog]
When bi-cyclists have to register their bike,get it inspected every year,pay taxes every year,have all safety things functioning and checked every year for a $30.00 fee,then they can share the road.Until then,they should stick to parks with the roller skaters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:57:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TrijiCog:
When bi-cyclists have to register their bike,get it inspected every year,pay taxes every year,have all safety things functioning and checked every year for a $30.00 fee,then they can share the road.Until then,they should stick to parks with the roller skaters.

Government regulation and taxes... That's the way to improve personal behavior.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top