Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 9:37:08 PM EDT
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70337

They intend to force us to "wean" ourselves from oil, force us to use non-existent alternative energy.

Article at the link.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
100% Hotter

ETA: And she's from my state...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
100% Hotter

LMAO hahaha
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Hooray for the command economy!  Because government knows best.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, everyday they find new ways to prove how utterly fucking retarded they are.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Republicans controlled Congress for what, 12 years?

Didn't do one fucking thing about getting more domestic oil. Not one.

Fuck them all.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
All of them
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:

Fuck them all.

Well, when oil was at $12/bbl and the entire industry was tanking, there was really no reason to go after more oil to make it cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Contact your Representatives and Senators.  Let them know this is a single issue that will nake or break them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck them all.

Well, when oil was at $12/bbl and the entire industry was tanking, there was really no reason to go after more oil to make it cheaper.

Yet when it was down under $18 a barrel, they STILL were intent on opening up ANWR.  Which leads me to believe their main motive there was not for benefit of prices...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck them all.

So they didn't learn anything from the 70's and 80's except how to keep us shackled to the whirling dervishes in the MidEast until they inevitably spin out of control - and THEN start thinking about how to get more domestic oil.

Good planning!  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck them all.

And that was when they SHOULD have been exploring.  And looking for relief to the strapped oil producers who, left no other recourse, merged.  And because they merged, production flexibility.

We never learn
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Drill here, Drill there , DRILL EVERYWHERE!!!!

now!!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Drill here, Drill there , DRILL EVERYWHERE!!!!

now!!!!

As Glenn Beck said, I don't care if you have to drill through the head of a caribou to get to the oil, just drill, now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
100% Hotter

ETA: And she's from my state...

I knew you were talking about Cuntwell without even reading the story.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#15]
The more they can lower our standard of living the better they will feel about themselves.  It's all about the power to hurt people.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Fuck them all.

at 30bucks or less a barrel  at the time nobody gave a shit,. now that the cost is over a hundred bucks it;s time to drill even under my couch
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:35:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Fuck them all.

You should know better. ANWR was voted on many times, takes 60 votes in the Senate to get anything done, GOP never had close to that and when a ANWR drilling bill passed the Rat's loaded it with so much pork and other regulations that W had to veto it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:41:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
[at 30bucks or less a barrel  at the time nobody gave a shit,. now that the cost is over a hundred bucks it;s time to drill even under my couch

That would make it tough for the guys who have pissed off theior wives. After all, they deserve some quiet while they are trying to sleep at night......
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone remember the part radical environmentalists played in filing lawsuits against any attempt on the part of the oil industry to drill for new domestic oil production and refining?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:56:13 AM EDT
[#20]
We need to send them a real loud message that we are displeased at their conduct.  Rather that just sending them e-mails that they just will not read, how about we duplicate what was done in the past with bricks for the wall.  In this case drown them with quarts of motor oil with the containers marked with the following "DRILL NOW OR BE VOTED OUT!!". I believe we would have approximately 70 days before they recess to do this.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We need to send them a real loud message that we are displeased at their conduct.  Rather that just sending them e-mails that they just will not read, how about we duplicate what was done in the past with bricks for the wall.  In this case drown them with quarts of motor oil with the containers marked with the following "DRILL NOW OR BE VOTED OUT!!". I believe we would have approximately 70 days before they recess to do this.

I like your thinking.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Doesn't help that my state has a couple RINO Senators who are against offshore drilling.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:07:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Doesn't help that my state has a couple RINO Senators who are against offshore drilling.

Burn the phone lines.  Even though oil will open about $2.00 LOWER this morning than it closed yesterday.  WOW!!!!!!  When the foreign markets are dropping...
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:00:29 AM EDT
[#24]
If there is one thing that is consistent with our government is that their pre-planning skills are nonexistent.  

They are a reactionary force.

Now we are asking them to react and they are not.  Similar to the immigration issue.  We asked for action, they said "no problem, except we're going to do it our way and not the way many people have asked us to do."

Local talk radio host here thinks they would love to get involved in new drilling but with .gov overwatch.  He also believes the D's would love people to start moving back into the cities to avoid costly commutes thereby increasing Democrat tax revenues.  Interesting theories.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Wow, everyday they find new ways to prove how utterly fucking retarded they are.

Apparently they are shooting for 0% approval rating instead of their paltry 9%
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Fuck them all.

This.

ETA: Maybe we need to "wean" them from power.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:17:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Probably just a stall tactic while the Clintons cover a few commodity bets.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck them all.

This.

ETA: Maybe we need to "wean" them from power.

That is just the word to use when contacting them.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I sure hope that the September 30 deadline for Congress' off-shore drilling ban becomes our "October Surprise".  Common sense would tell me that Obama would be polling in the single-digits in October if he did anything to renew this ban.  Then again, they could use to drill for common sense in Washington as well...
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I sure hope that the September 30 deadline for Congress' off-shore drilling ban becomes our "October Surprise".  Common sense would tell me that Obama would be polling in the single-digits in October if he did anything to renew this ban.  Then again, they could use to drill for common sense in Washington as well...
Doesnt the ban automatically die if it is renewed
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck them all.

You should know better. ANWR was voted on many times, takes 60 votes in the Senate to get anything done, GOP never had close to that and when a ANWR drilling bill passed the Rat's loaded it with so much pork and other regulations that W had to veto it.

Then let the Dems filibuster it for real.

Let see THEM shut down the Senate in order keep us shackled to Saudi oil.

See how that flies.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I just e-mailed my reps, said

Drill here, drill now,  or
you loose my vote,

we will be watching

Like I would ever vote for a dump-o crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top