Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/12/2003 5:21:06 PM EDT
[url]http://www.kare11.com/news/news-article.asp?NEWS_ID=47944[/url] Here we go again.[argue] Why do these ass##### want law abiding citizens disarmed?[pissed] We'll have to see how this all plays out," said Sen. Pat Pariseau, R-Farmington. "But I don't know why Duluth would want to create a safe zone for criminals." [beer] Right on Pat.[headbang] "Although the state law does not address city buildings, the mayor strongly believes -- and I support that belief as police chief -- that guns should not be in city buildings," Waller said. [stick] Duluth Police Chief Roger Waller said he agrees with the mayor's stand. [banghead] The law says a city can't ban weapons, but the law is silent on whether communities can state a preference, Brown said. "The question is, what does the silence mean?"[BS] "a city can't ban weapons"[bounce] Sounds plain enough too me.[bow] I am not picking on LEOs.[nono] I DO want to make known the difference of second ammendment posistions between the LEOs in the trenches and the ones on the benches.[soapbox] OK, your turn.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:15:15 PM EDT
Good thing you didn't have much to say, otherwise you would have run out of icons.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:17:12 PM EDT
i'm in duluth almost everyday..it's a liberals paradise. fuckin hippies all over. anti war rallies..the mayor actually got mad about that..i thought he was okay and then this crap started. glad i live in WI..oh wait, no ccw. at least we have class3.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:00:33 PM EDT
Fing liberals!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:49:54 AM EDT
[soapbox] IMHO it is the ASAP's(anti second amendment people). The Mayors, City Council Members and City Managers who hire Police Chiefs that are in line with their views. All the while the rank and file are Pro Second Amendment. Most people hear that the Chief supports this and so the rank and file must also. This is WRONG. What I would like to see, is for the rank and file to come out after an article like this and let the people know where they stand. This is the same problem we have in our Union. The people at the top are not representing the true position of the rank and file. This was proven in the last elections. It will change only when "We The People" participate in the processes, and are heard.. Do not get suckered in by the Lefts [BS] of "We do not want your guns" and " I hunt and support the second amendment" They have an agenda and it is to chip away at our freedoms bit by bit. Research your canidates past votes, local,state and federal. They all can deny your freedoms, as this article proves. Their are many web sites for this. [url]www.goa.org[/url] [soapbox]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:15:00 AM EDT
For a second I thought that this post was about Duluth Georgia, Then I know better. what do these mayors have to push laws that should be done on state and fed levels? Just what the bad guys want - a free fire zones. Rant Off - Badredfish [devil]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:38:38 AM EDT
I live 60 miles (Virginia) north of 'duh'luth. They were some of the biggest winers on the CCW that just passed. Fortunately Mayor Doty (Doppy) is done this year. But leave it up to that town to elect another anti-gun liberal. They were really pissed when the law that the council passed to ban guns on city property, became null and void upon passage of the CCW law. The state pre-emption law over-rules it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:16:36 AM EDT
I had the misfortune of growing up near Duluth, man I couldn't wait to get out of there. I think it might be one of the epicenters of the "sheeple" phenom.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 2:12:39 PM EDT by TWHaz]
[soapbox] Thanks to the AR15 staff for all the links and articles at "Firearm News" Article II. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, (non-restrictive clause) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (restrictive clause) [url]http://www.sierratimes.com/03/06/11/greenslade.htm[/url] Read the article at the above link. This is happening all over the country. [url]http://www.walkermn.com/placed/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=143732&refer_url=[/url] With Minnesota's new "conceal and carry" law in effect, Cass County commissioners voted June 2 to ban firearms from all county property, except as otherwise permitted by law. Is driving down a county road is on county property? [url]http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=8287654&BRD=1947&PAG=461&dept_id=168657&rfi=6[/url] But many city council members remain peeved with their inability to restrict guns on public property. "I'm concerned about our parks and recreation centers," Councilwoman Ingrid Lindemann said. "We have had instances in the summer with guns in parks "It's a false sense of security to post a sign and then think non law-abiding citizens aren't packing," he said. "My adage goes, 'you should treat everybody as if they've got a concealed weapon.'" If everytime a Mayor, Police Chief or elected official comes out with or,in support of some "Disarm the citizens" campain or ordinence. The unions should come out against it. If you belong to a Union, let it be known where you stand. [soapbox]
Top Top