Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:07:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/18/2012 11:37:42 AM EST by Psychovore]
About sixty-five pounds of them in my last order. I'll definitely be purchasing more soon.

What can I say, I like shiny stuff.

Copying my own later post into my original post, since so many want to know where I got the Federal HSTs from.

Originally Posted By Psychovore:
Originally Posted By packingXDs:
Where can one find cases of HST bullets? Finding GDs is hard enough. I would very much like to add to my shiny collection.

Rocky Mountain Reloading

They're an industry partner, but I follow them on Facebook to keep up on new stock. He usually announces it there before putting it on the webstore, I was hitting refresh over and over waiting on these because he said they'd show up for sale within an hour, and they did. He just got 200K pulled 55 grain FMJ bullets the other day, they're flying off the shelves, too.

I don't think HSTs are normally available for reloading purposes, these are factory pulls. They shoot just fine, and perform as they should. Most you can't even see any pull marks. I've gotten some screaming deals from him on factory pulled Gold Dots, as well.

Oh, and did I mention free shipping via Flat Rate Priority Mail?

ETA: He just started manufacturing cast bullets for sale last week, as well.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:10:00 AM EST
Shiny.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:24:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:30:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By cruze5:
Soooo

How many rounds is that?

Two thousand 230 grain Federal HSTs in .45 ACP.

Or as I told the folks when picking them up at the post office, "metal ingots."
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:32:11 AM EST
Why would anyone need that many shiny things? There should be a limit on how many shiny things a person should be able to buy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:34:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By hammet:
Why would anyone need that many shiny things? There should be a limit on how many shiny things a person should be able to buy.

There is a limit.....it's known as 'purchasing power''

(or in FSA parlance, 'credit limit')
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:39:00 AM EST
Pics like that make me want to get into reloading.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:43:54 AM EST
Where can one find cases of HST bullets? Finding GDs is hard enough. I would very much like to add to my shiny collection.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:51:03 AM EST

Yes, I would be interested in this also...

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:55:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/18/2012 1:58:19 AM EST by Psychovore]

Rocky Mountain Reloading

They're an industry partner, but I follow them on Facebook to keep up on new stock. He usually announces it there before putting it on the webstore, I was hitting refresh over and over waiting on these because he said they'd show up for sale within an hour, and they did. He just got 200K pulled 55 grain FMJ bullets the other day, they're flying off the shelves, too.

I don't think HSTs are normally available for reloading purposes, these are factory pulls. They shoot just fine, and perform as they should. Most you can't even see any pull marks. I've gotten some screaming deals from him on factory pulled Gold Dots, as well.

Oh, and did I mention free shipping via Flat Rate Priority Mail?

ETA: He just started manufacturing cast bullets for sale last week, as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:06:18 AM EST
Nice bullets.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:08:35 AM EST
If you have the time/space/ambition, start casting your own, and save some big bucks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:23:51 AM EST
I always stuck with cheap boolits for handgun reloads, since I'm not going to use them for carry, anyway. Rifles are different because accuracy is what I'm after.

+1 on casting your own. If you have a cheap source of lead, you can shoot for under a nickel a shot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:17:36 AM EST
Originally Posted By Disintegr8or:

It makes me want to build a giant warehouse like Scrooge McDuck's money bin, fill it with bullets, and swim in them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:28:02 AM EST

Kinda look like flying ashtrays...

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:28:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:
I always stuck with cheap boolits for handgun reloads, since I'm not going to use them for carry, anyway. Rifles are different because accuracy is what I'm after.

+1 on casting your own. If you have a cheap source of lead, you can shoot for under a nickel a shot.

I cast my practice ammo and carry the reloaded HP ammo. When reloaded ammo makes a difference in a court case I might pay attention to it. Until then, the concept of legally carrying a gun, legally loading ammo, legally shooting someone in a justifiable case, but being sent upriver because of who assembled the ammo is pretty silly.

So...

Bulk and cheap SD ammo!

Nice!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:30:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/18/2012 11:34:50 AM EST by 45-Seventy]
Soooo

How many rounds is that?

Sometimes the people at the post office ask me what's in the box... I always tell them, "About XX pounds of none of your damn business."

Where are you getting these slugs from? NVM - Saw it was RMR... Looks like they came and went before I saw them
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:34:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
Soooo

How many rounds is that?

Sometimes the people at the post office ask me what's in the box... I always tell them, "About XX pounds of none of your damn business."

Where are you getting these slugs from?

Details are seven posts up from yours. I'll copy and paste it into my original post for convenience.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:34:54 AM EST
Lead, silver, and gold.

In that order
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:38:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/18/2012 2:39:22 PM EST by Psychovore]
Originally Posted By PhatForrest:
If you have the time/space/ambition, start casting your own, and save some big bucks.

Once I can make the equivalent of a Federal HST in my garage, I'll try it.

I'd have to invest enough to get started casting that for now I'm better off just buying cheaper plated and cast bullets for my target practice, and Rocky Mountain Reloading just started making cast bullets for sale, too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:41:43 PM EST

better than gold
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:46:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By Disintegr8or:

Start reading the reloading forum. It doesn't have to be expensive to get started.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:11:45 PM EST

I'd have to invest enough to get started casting that for now I'm better off just buying cheaper plated and cast bullets for my target practice, and Rocky Mountain Reloading just started making cast bullets for sale, too.

Er, there's a guy that can sell you everything you need to make something pretty close to HST's in your garage...
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?132183-40cal-to-45cal-1-Step-die-review
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:06:31 PM EST
I hear you. In the last month I sold a rifle and an ACOG and bought 12K Precision Delta 124gr 9mm FMJ's and 12K Hornady 55gr .224 FMJ's w/c. I should be good for awhile now but I would like more...I'm kind of a bullet hoarder
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:11:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 2:13:18 AM EST by Psychovore]
Originally Posted By barrysuperhawk:

Er, there's a guy that can sell you everything you need to make something pretty close to HST's in your garage...
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?132183-40cal-to-45cal-1-Step-die-review

Wow. That's pretty impressive. Unfortunately, due to our short Summer I'd have to do a bunch of the formative work in the basement during the Winter, then finalize them when I could work in the garage during warmer temperatures, and Summer is usually consumed in getting ready for Winter.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:34:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
Soooo

How many rounds is that?

Where are you getting these slugs from? NVM - Saw it was RMR... Looks like they came and went before I saw them

Follow them on Facebook for the latest alerts on incoming bullets.

They had .40 HSTs in various weights for quite a while. They ran out of 10mm 180 grain Gold Dots so offered to substitute some 180 grain HSTs for the other thousand I had ordered. I decided to give them a go and see what happened when I loaded them up to 10mm levels, and figured I'd sell them off if they didn't work as well as I wanted.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:42:37 PM EST
If you have the time/space/ambition, start casting swaging your own, and save some big bucks.

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:03:38 PM EST

Soooo

How many rounds is that?

Top Top