Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 7:16:06 AM EDT
I sure hope 'Steven' doesn't see this post.

I finally ordered a new computer from Dell, it should be here in a couple weeks. I dunno it a trillion gigahertz or something like that.

Anyway I plan to 'kill' my old Dell, its a

BWAAHAHAHAHA

33 Mhz!

Its got a 'nice' full metal case!

You better stop laughing..

OK, so what should I shoot it with?

My options are:

Pretty much any caliber pistol round, including the 50 AE.

20 or 12 Guage shotgun round

22 rimfire rifle

223 Remington rifle

Currently I'm leaning toward 12 Guage buck but maybe since this is AR15.com I should go with the 223?

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No, dude, stay with the buckshot!  And INVITE Steven!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not two or three of the above?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[i]33 Megahertz???[/i] Where'd you get that relic?  Off the Space Shuttle?
View Quote

I got it in 1993, did the Space Shuttle exist then, or even outer space for that matter?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I say you squeeze one of those binary exploding target inside and touch it off with the .223

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I suggest you use chemical warfare on it...

There this absolute computer killer fluid available in every home......H2O.

It can be used as an aerosol trough a hose or just poured out of a glas..just make sure the power is on and you are insulated [;)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[i]33 Megahertz???[/i] Where'd you get that relic?  Off the Space Shuttle?
View Quote

I got it in 1993, did the Space Shuttle exist then, or even outer space for that matter?
View Quote

First flight: 1981. [url]http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/shuttlehistory.html[/url]
View Quote

Yep, and IIRC Al Gore invented outer space in the mid '70s.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I use my old computer as an answering machine [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I used this method once, but be sure to wear safety glasses.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p8856b4c8a24f81e54f69f042b623934f/fe092680.gif.orig.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://bob.msiunix.com/webpictures/case2.jpg[/img]

Set it down range and blast away.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Wait, didn't Al Gore also invent the Internet?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How about using a .50 cal, with some AP ammo....  Or hell even HE rounds'll do a GOOD job!
View Quote

I second the call for a .50 cal.  If one is not available I would go with a 3" Magnum slug.  You're going for maximum carnage!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm facing the same dilemma.  I've got a Compaq (Compaq sucks) and its just about dead.  When you turn it off, it is almost impossible to get back on.  By next week, I'm sure it'll be toast, so I'm looking for something new and contemplating how I'm going to put this miserable piece of shit out of my misery.  I've come down to three possibilities...

1. American 180 submachinegun - can put 275rds of .22LR into this thing in about 10 seconds flat.

2. Browning 1919 machinegun - a full 250rd belt of .308 or 8mm

3. Strap the computer up with a 1/2lb binary explosive target (about equal to 1 stick of dynamite) - but it'll only take one shot to set it off.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#16]
How About Explosive Rounds? [rocket]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Have "Steven" run down range with your old computer and practice shooting at a moving target!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm with Big Bear.  Shooting the case and blasting the Dell will cause all sorts of heavy metals (like lead) into the soil.

Bast away, but shooting electronics (especially CRTs from monitors and TVs) puts a lot of unpleasant crap into the ground.

Have fun, but play responsibly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Be sure to bring a video camera. [50]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#21]
If your new Dell turns out to be as lame as my Dell P4-1.3, you might want to save that old case and put a new motherboard and AMD Athlon in it.

Otherwise, I'd have to go with 12ga 00 buck.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#22]
remember....  "There is no problem too big or too small for an aplication of high explosive"  [}:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a fetish (!) to shoot my obsolete and failed computer components.  It's GREAT FUN!
My current favorite is a Seagate hard drive that failed during use and is now a conversation piece paper-weight on my desk, .40 S&W hole right in the center and all.
My last system board that crashed received over 100 .223 and 75 .45acp with minimal chaos to the layout.  Fiberglass seems to heal itself after the bullet passes through.
So I would recommend pulling it all apart and using each individual piece as a target.
Have Fun!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#24]
That was definately looking like swiss cheese.  I would have put a half-pint container (soup can) of gas in there and hit it with all you had.  The last 5-10 rounds would have been tracers.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#25]
"FRAG" the phucker and let's get on with it.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#27]
First off, get a video camera.

Second, get as many shooting friends as possible with as many different firearms as possible.

Third, rent a generator.

Fourth, set it up and power it up, with monitor (and on a tarp for the enviroment).

Fifth, start rolling video.

Sixth, have everyone ready their actions.

Seventh, yell FIRE.

Eighth, laugh your asses off.

Nineth, post video on net.

done.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#28]
An accurately placed rifle shot to the bullseye of a small exploding target strapped to a 1 pound propane tank stratigicaly placed in the computer tower... should make quick work of the thing.  You'll be grinning for an hour!

Video taping is a good idea, too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#29]
1. Use the tarp. Them things do make quite a mess.
2. At 135 yds. a .22LR will only make a dent in the case. A .223 however, will sail right through, the exit hole being little bigger than the entrance hole.(Unless you hit something massive in between)
A .308 also sails right on through, with the tendency to completely flip the sucker end over end.(Especially if you hit something massive in between) Don't know about the shotguns......
3. By all means, a photo or viseo is a thoughtful gesture, which will provide pleasant memories for years to come..........
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#30]
This is something of a hobby for my friends and I when I was still in Iowa. We went to this auction that was at an ISP that closed down and we bought 50 133 systems for $60. After we had striped them of their ram we used them to expaned our 'Electronics Sent to Hell' video. We destroyed them in these ways.

A.) Dropped off the roof of a two story house.

B.) Dropped off the roof of a 4 story school onto a peice of plywood covered in nails.

C.) Thrown from the back of a pick up truck going 70 miles and hour on one of the grazle roads outside of town.

D.) Shot with 12 gauge deer slugs

E.) Shot with .50 bmg

I'm sure there was more but that's all I can think of right now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
you guys think a 33mhz is old?

Man, my buddy and I just toasted the old Tandy/RadioShack computer my dad retired last year after being forced to upgrade by the Y2K crap.

For a basic business machine where all he did was print up the occasional mailing list and business report it served fine.

I think it was an old 186 or 286 from around 1984-1986 and had like an 8 color RGB screen, I forget what the hard drive capacity was but it was REALLY LOW and the printer was an old daisy wheel type that would drive you nuts when it started firing away for pages and pages.

We used 00 buckshot to cave in the screen :)   It's fun to see how thick that glass is.

another monitor my buddy and I killed a few years back was done in with our Spud Gun, we fired a D-cell battery at it from a pneumatic spud gun charged with 115PSI.   The first cardboard cased battery actually blew up on the screen without breaking the glass, the second battery was a Energizer with metal case and it was hard enough to break the screen.   Had a real nice implosion.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#32]
And shooting a couple thousand rounds of ammo into the same ground won't? Quit being so much of a left leaning liberal eco-nazi (j/k) and just let the guy have his fun.
I agree with Big Bear, pick up the pieces when you are done.

Quoted:
I'm with Big Bear.  Shooting the case and blasting the Dell will cause all sorts of heavy metals (like lead) into the soil.quote]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:33:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Set up a manhole cover with the computer behind it downrange.  One or two Raufoss .50 BMG rounds ought to take care of it.  The manhole cover it to make sure that the HE and Incendiary charge goes off inside the computer, not in the ground behind it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Get neanderthal on it like they did the fax machine in Office Spaces. Baseball bat in the middle of the field with some good gangsta rap blasting in the background.

Whatever you do, just be sure to videotape it for us.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

3. Strap the computer up with a 1/2lb binary explosive target (about equal to 1 stick of dynamite) - but it'll only take one shot to set it off.
View Quote

OK, now I just GOTTA know! What is a "binary explosive target" and where can I get such fun things?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:33:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Forgive my ignorance, but i don't get the Al Gore jokes. Can someone explain it to me? Has it got something to do with the US elections?

Anyway, here's what i'd do in your position

1: set up computer on massive tarp. If you can get a generator, connect the computer to it.

2: get video recorder and point it at the computer from a safe distance.

3: fire your shotguns at the monitor.

4: use the .223 on the case.

5: pick a good looking semi-auto (if you have the DE .50, use that), and "execute" the mouse and keyboard from short range.

6: anything else, use the .22LR.

7: digitise the footage and post it on the net.

what i did back in the phillipines was to test fire my XM177 at an ageing XT. (thich was in 98)
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#37]
My brothers and I actually did a remake of that Office Space scene last summer.  We did do it one better and hauled out the AR, pistol and gasoline.  
I will get around to posting that video someday.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My brothers and I actually did a remake of that Office Space scene last summer.  We did do it one better and hauled out the AR, pistol and gasoline.  
I will get around to posting that video someday.
View Quote

I anxiously await the day. I intend to interpred Mike Judge's work myself someday after the weather warms back up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#39]
If you REALLY want to kill it, just load it up with OS/2. Instant dead POS.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#40]
You guys are gonna feel really stupid when these relics are worth a zillion dollars to collectors in about 20 years!  Anyway, I opt to set it up at an unknown range between 800 and 1200 yards and let me whack away with my WinMag.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Joe:

I'm not an eco-Nazi, and I stand by my earlier statements.  There are loads of materials that are recognzed as hazardous today, that were regarded as harmless not too long ago.  PCBs and MEK are two compounds that were common for exposure before that have caused serious harm to friends of mine.  Knowing that the likely cause is a formerly benign chemical makes me a little sensitive on this topic.

The materiels in PCs are considered hazardous, and some landfills are barring their disposal.  I don't think that taking precautions and cleaning up the range afterward are uncalled for.

Like I said, have fun but play responsibibly.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I second Paul on that one.

Get you this tshirt [img]http://www.tshirthell.com/images/shirtofmonth_12.jpg[/img]

and go to town with the 12 gauge and the .223 at the same time, thats what friends are for.

Now that you have passed the 1Ghz mark, you can wear one of these: [img]http://www.jinxhackwear.com/images/products/13BgBlack.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top