Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/11/2002 5:10:49 PM EST
Robert Keen Blow you away. You take off from work a bit early The boss doesn't care if you stay The guard with the key has to check your ID But he'd just as soon blow you away The cops have stopped ten miles of traffic They're sorry for all the delay No need for alarm as they're waving their arms But they'd just as soon blow you away Two pretty blondes in a Porsche Their bumper says We Love L.A. They look pretty fair but they're crazy out there They'd just as soon blow you away You got in some trouble in high school But you feel like a new man today You keep to yourself because anyone else Would just as soon blow you away You're standin' in front of the teller She's countin' out all of your pay There's twenties and ones and there's guards with their guns And they'd just as soon blow you away And one old ex-con at the station Fixes flats in the back of the bay He winks and he jokes and he borrows a smoke But he'd just as soon blow you away You like the new girl at the hotel She drops your room key in the tray No words will pass through the buttet-proof glass Cause she'd just as soon blow you away You climb up the stairs every evening To your room right above the café There ain't much mystique but you pay every week Cause they'd just as soon blow you away And you turn out the light that you read by You pray that you're one of the few When you're one with the Lord there's just one reward And they'd just as soon make it come true The matress is mildewed and lumpy But you fall asleep where you lay Under the lump there's a twenty gauge pump Cause they'd just as soon blow you away
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:39:02 PM EST
Muskrat Love Muskrat, muskrat candlelight Doin' the town and doin' it right In the evenin' It's pretty pleasin' Muskrat Susie, Muskrat Sam Do the jitterbug out in muskrat land And they shimmy And Sammy's so skinny And they whirled and they twirled and they tangoed Singin' and jingin' the jango Floatin' like the heavens above It looks like muskrat love Nibbling on bacon, chewin' on cheese Sammy says to Susie "Honey, would you please be my missus?" And she say yes With her kisses And now he's ticklin' her fancy Rubbin' her toes Muzzle to muzzle, now anything goes As they wriggle, and Sue starts to giggle And they whirled and they twirled and they tangoed Singin' and jingin' the jango Floatin' like the heavens above It looks like muskrat love La da da da da ...
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:41:40 PM EST
[;D]Coma Coma down doobie down down (repeat) Breaking up is hard to do. Don't take your love away from me. Don't you leave my hear in misery. If you go, then I'll be blue `cause breakin' up is hard to do. Remember when you held me tight, and you kissed me all through the night. Think of all that we been trough, `cause breakin' up is hard to do. They say that breain' up is hard to do; now I know, I know that it's true. Don't say that this is the end. Instead of breakin' up I wish that we were makin' up again. I beg of you don't say good-bye; can't we give an other try? Come on baby, let's start anew, breakin' up is hard to do. I beg of you don't say good-bye; can't we give an other try? Come on baby, let's start anew, breakin' up is hard to do. Yeah, breakin' up is hard to do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:47:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:57:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:01:44 PM EST
Louie Louie Me gotta go Louie Louie Well me gotta go Fine little girl She waits for me I catch a ship And cross the sea Sail that ship Well all alone And never think IÕll make it home Louie Louie (Well me gotta go Louie Louie Well me gotta go Three nights and days I sail the sea Me think of girls a-constantly IÕm on the ship me dream she there Me smell the rose a-in her hair I said Louie Louie Oh baby now me gotta go Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Louie Louie Oh baby now me gotta go Word I see Jamaica Beautiful It wonÕt be long Til I see my love IÕll take her in My arms again IÕll tell her I Will never leave again
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:07:49 PM EST
Did the 70's suck or what! [b]Billy Don't Be A Hero[/b] ( Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods ) The marchin' band came down along Main Street The soldier blues fell in behind I looked across and there I saw Billy Waiting to go and join the line And with her head upon his shoulder His young and lovely fiancee From where I stood I saw she was cryin' And through her tears I heard her say Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife And as he started to go she said, Billy, keep your head low Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me The soldier blues were trapped on a hillside The battle raging all around The sergeant cried, We've got to hang on, boys! We've got to hold this piece of ground I need a volunteer to ride up And bring us back some extra men And Billy's hand was up in a moment Forgettin' all the words she said She said Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife And as he started to go she said, Billy, keep your head low Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me I heard his fiancee got a letter That told how Billy died that day The letter said that he was a hero She should be proud he died that way I heard she threw that letter away ...
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:15:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:18:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:25:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:26:12 PM EST
[b]San Diego Serenade[/b] I never saw the morning 'til I stayed up all night I never saw the sunshine 'til you turned out the light I never saw my hometown until I stayed away too long I never heard the melody, until I needed a song. I never saw the white line, 'til I was leaving you behind I never knew I needed you 'til I was caught up in a bind I never spoke 'I love you' 'til I cursed you in vain, I never felt my heartstrings until I nearly went insane. I never saw the east coast 'til I move to the west I never saw the moonlight until it shone off your breast I never saw your heart 'til someone tried to steal, tried to steal it away I never saw your tears until they rolled down your face.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:34:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By Who_Me: [b]San Diego Serenade[/b] I never saw the morning 'til I stayed up all night I never saw the sunshine 'til you turned out the light I never saw my hometown until I stayed away too long I never heard the melody, until I needed a song. I never saw the white line, 'til I was leaving you behind I never knew I needed you 'til I was caught up in a bind I never spoke 'I love you' 'til I cursed you in vain, I never felt my heartstrings until I nearly went insane. I never saw the east coast 'til I move to the west I never saw the moonlight until it shone off your breast I never saw your heart 'til someone tried to steal, tried to steal it away I never saw your tears until they rolled down your face.
View Quote
One of the all time greats! Tom Waits [beer]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:51:15 PM EST
"I'm shining like a new dime..." [;)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:57:39 PM EST
O you beautiful babes from England For whom we have traveled through time Will you go to the prom with us in San Dimas? We will have a most triumphant time
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:04:38 PM EST
[b]Nobody Knows Me (Lyle Lovett)[/b] And I like cream in my coffee And I like to sleep late on Sunday And nobody knows me like my baby And I like eggs over easy With flour tortillas And nobody knows me like my baby And nobody holds me And nobody knows me Nobody knows me like my baby But it was a dream made to order South of the border And nobody knows me like my baby And she cried man how could you do it And I swore that there weren't nothing to it But nobody knows me like my baby And nobody holds me And nobody knows me Nobody knows me like my baby And I like cream in my coffee And I hate to be alone on Sunday And nobody knows me like my baby
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:37:46 PM EST
Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon Well, he went down to dinner in his Sunday best Excitable boy, they all said And he rubbed the pot roast all over his chest Excitable boy, they all said Well, he's just an excitable boy He took in the four a.m. show at the Clark Excitable boy, they all said And he bit the usherette's leg in the dark Excitable boy, they all said Well, he's just an excitable boy He took little Susie to the Junior Prom Excitable boy, they all said and he raped her and killed her, then he took her home Excitable boy, they all said Well, he's just an excitable boy After ten long years they let him out of the Home Excitable boy, they all said And he dug up her grave and built a cage with her bones Excitable boy, they all said Well, he's just an excitable boy
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:50:25 PM EST
Ok... Here's my shot: Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away) Motley Crue ___ We could sail away Or catch a freight train Or a rocketship Into outer space Nothin' left to do Too many things were said To ever make it feel Like yesterday did Seasons must change Separate paths - separate ways If we blame it on anything Let's blame it on the rain I knew it all along I'd have to write this song Too young to fall in love Guess we knew it all along That's alright, that's Okay We were walkin' through some youth Smilin' through some pain That's alright, that's Okay Let's turn the page My friends called today Down from L.A. They were shooting pool all night Sleeping half the day They said I could crash If I could find my own way I told them you were leaving On a bus to go away That's alright, that's Okay We were two kids in love Trying to find our way That's alright, that's Okay Held our dreams in our hands Let our minds run away That's alright, that's Okay We were walkin' through some youth Smilin' through some pain That's alright, let's turn the page And remember what I say girl And it goes this way: Girl, don't go away mad Girl, just go away! -------- Of course, for something more in-line with the first post, there's... 'I Used to Love Her, but I Had to Kill Her', and 'Live & Let Die', both by Guns N Roses... And I might add some Metalica, but that's enough for now...
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:06:53 PM EST
KANSAS Carry on my wayward son There'll be peace when you are done Lay your weary head to rest Don't you cry no more Once I rose above the noise and confusion Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion I was soaring ever higher But I flew too high Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man Though my mind could think I still was a mad man I can hear the voices when I'm dreaming I can hear them say Carry on my wayward son There'll be peace when you are done Lay your weary head to rest Don't you cry no more Masquerading as a man with a reason My charade is the event of the season And if I claim to be a wise man It surely means that I don't know On a stormy sea of moving emotion Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean I set a course for winds of fortune But I hear the voices say Carry on my wayward son There'll be peace when you are done Lay your weary head to rest Don't you cry no more No! Carry on You will always remember Carry on Nothing equals the splendor Now your life's no longer empty Surely heaven waits for you Carry on my wayward son There'll be peace when you are done Lay your weary head to rest Don't you cry no more Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:08:09 PM EST
"Carry On My Wayward Son" is ok at 33rpm, but a real hoot at 45!
Top Top