Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/28/2006 5:58:07 PM EST
Well in about 2 weeks i am heading to San Antonio TX for factory training for a fiberglass pool manufacture that i have just become a dealer for.

I am 20 years old and lived in NJ my whole life. I've only been to 2 other states my whole life. PA and NY. And now i am driving to TX. I am really excited about this, and it looks like i will have some time to see the sights along the way. On the way down i am planning on taking the direct route down, which is basically going through virginia, tenn, ark, then texas.

On the way home i am planning on going through all the coastal states on the way home.

So what are the most see sights along the way? And what are the places i don't want to go??!?

Matt
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:29:38 PM EST
Vicksburg, Washington DC, Stone Mountain, GA (from a distance I doubt the park is all that different from most tourist traps), Petersburg, Richmond, VA battlefield areas, Gettysburg, Philadelphia Independence Park, Ft, McHenry, Baltimore, B&O RR Museum in Baltimore, Aberdeen Proving Ground - Museum and Mile of Tanks.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:57:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2006 9:58:05 PM EST by Hebrew_Battle_Rifle]
Top off your fuel tank before you get into Memphis Tennesee. Take I 240 west around Memphis to I 55 North into Arkansas. Do not stop in Memphis for any reason.

It is too bad that you didn't get a Florida non resident concealed handgun license before your trip. Most of the states that you will be driving through honor it. And it only cost $117.00

You may want to consider going through Anniston Alabama on your way back and stop it at the CMP south store.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:17:24 AM EST
anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:23:02 AM EST
Stop off by Beaumont in Port Arthur and say Hi to Old_Painless and TMan!

Check out the restaurants and NASA in Houston, and then hit Mikeska's BBQ joint outside of Houston headed to San Antonio. SA's a very cool town.

HH
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:31:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:37:19 AM EST
+1 on Vicksburg, Mississippi. Plan on spending an ENTIRE day there, though.

You have to see the old Courthouse. Its absolutely awesome.

I've heard Fredericksburg, Virginia is quite a sight to see as well.
Top Top