Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 7:34:12 AM EDT
Drunk went out window after cigarette blew away, Ark. police say

Updated: 11:35 a.m. ET May 24, 2005FOREMAN, Ark. - A leap of faith proved hazardous for a smoker in need of a cigarette fix after a night on the town.

Jeff Foran suffered trauma to his nose, eyes and chin after jumping from a car traveling 55-60 mph. Authorities said he was trying to retrieve a cigarette blown out of the passenger-side window.

Foran, 38, took the leap Saturday night, state police Trooper Jamie Gravier said.

The driver of the car, Jerry Glenn Nelson, said Foran had asked him earlier in the evening to be a designated driver after a night of drinking.

"Nelson said Foran was smoking a cigarette when it blew out the window and Foran jumped out the window to retrieve the cigarette. Nelson said he was driving between 55 and 60 mph when Foran jumped out," the trooper said.

“Foran did the right thing and asked his buddy to drive him home,” Gravier said. “It was obvious he was extremely intoxicated.”

Gravier added: “If anything could make him stop smoking, this should be it. The man is lucky to be alive.”
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I know how he feels somedays
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
These things happen.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
could you imagine!??!

The heavy drinking, and the bonus head trauma must've made for a level 10 hangover the next day.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]
 NOT EVEN I LIKE SMOKING THAT MUCH!!!!  and I have a cigarette stuck to my lower lip whenever possible.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=354544

I don't want to scream "dupe" - but I'm too lazy to retype my funny story from that thread.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A kid at a college near here (years ago) was drunk and decided to pee out the window instead of going to the john down the hall. The top 2/3s of the window was just a regular sheet of glass, but there was a partitiion and the bottom 1/3 or so had a window that swung out and upwards. The windowsill was made of a slate like material (bet you can see where this is going). The kid got some urine on the windowsill and apparently his feet shot out from under him towards the open window, I think the window must broken away because the opening is not all that big (though maybe big enough for a thin 19 year old fit through) . The fall killed him.

That reminds me of a joke.

"Two kids in Norway were having a contest who could lean the furthest out of a window.

Suddenly, one of them won."

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#8]
There's nothing worse than your last smoke prematurely flying out the window, and you're 20 miles from the nearest 7-11.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There's nothing worse than your last smoke prematurely flying out the window, and you're 20 miles from the nearest 7-11.

It might be a LITTLE worse if YOU blow out too
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Geez! I know cigarettes are expensive now but damn! Do you need to go chasing them out of a moving vehicle???
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It might be a LITTLE worse if YOU blow out too

Yeah, a little.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Stupid is as stupid does-F. Gump
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Gravier added: “If anything could make him stop smoking drinking, this should be it. The man is lucky to be alive.”

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Darwin award?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top