Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 7:16:49 PM EDT
Mentioned it on the radio.  Nothing more than he said.  Heavy insinuation it's domestic/politically related.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
did he have any facts of evidence to back it up Raven, or was it all just hearsay??
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Talk about a teaser!!

Hope .50 calibers weren’t involved!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone told me that according to some pattern of assassinated Presidents, that Bush should be next in line.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah he just teased us
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
He only said what I said.  Drudge wouldn't say who told him, but said those who should know (i.e., security agencies) would know what he was talking about.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Someone told me that according to some pattern of assassinated Presidents, that Bush should be next in line.

Presidents elected in a year that ends with zero.... that's the supposed curse.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody thats been to DU wouldnt be suprised.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anybody thats been to DU wouldnt be suprised.

+1
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That's shitty to even think about.  Almost makes me sick
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
God forbid, but President Dick Cheney isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Drudge has people who tell him some deeply secret stuff.

With that said, I take his info with a bit more than a grain of salt.

Rember when he had a report thet people were droping on to the roof of the Fleet Center in Bosten when the Dem. Convention was taking place.   That is all was heard.  Now was he lying or did the goverment cover it up???
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It skipped Reagan, if it ever existed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Drudge has people who tell him some deeply secret stuff.

With that said, I take his info with a bit more than a grain of salt.

Rember when he had a report thet people were droping on to the roof of the Fleet Center in Bosten when the Dem. Convention was taking place.   That is all was heard.  Now was he lying or did the goverment cover it up???

BASE jumpers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's officially called the 20 year curse.

Kennedy, Regan and if the curse holds true, Bush.

ETA - Note to Secret Service - Just passing along tabloid information. There is nothing up my sleeves.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That's shitty to even think about.  Almost makes me sick

Damn straight!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't want to be a Democrat if Bush is assassinated......
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What are you saying?

Bob
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it was about dying in office: Wm. Henry Harrison (1840), Lincoln (1860), Garfield (1880), McKinley (1900), Harding (1920), Roosevelt (1940), Kennedy (1960), Reagan (1980) WOOPS!. . . .

It was supposedly a curse laid by Tecumseh, an Indian who died at the hands of troops commanded by W.H. Harrison, the first victim of the supposed curse. If it existed, it is apparently over, since Reagan was elected in a year ending in 0 and did not die in office.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't believe the hype...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It skipped Reagan, if it ever existed.

You do realize that Reagan was shot in office, don't you?

Yes. See the preceding post. Nobody has ever suggested that it was a "hurt while in office" curse.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
God forbid, but President Dick Cheney isn't too bad.

Cheney is even more of a hawk than Bush...nukes would fly...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I only one I don't know of is Harding?  What happened to him in office??
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I only one I don't know of is Harding?  What happened to him in office??

embolism
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#25]
give me some kevlar....where can we sign up to be bullet catchers?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I think there would be backlash against Democrats, if Bush was assassinated. Rightly so, IMO
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Man, ever since 9/11, I wonder if a single SS agent has gotten any sleep.

Those poor guys must be wired up the wazoo.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I hear it...he also said it was NOT his story to break....

We shall see.

He  was pretty adaminent about non-violence after the elections.

Hmmm

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I read a short time ago that some members of the old WEATHER UNDERGROUND were recently released from prison and involved in planning/training for the protests at the Republican convention. Put them together with  some foreign left wing terrorists, the anarchist nuts, and some Al Qaida funding Hmmmm, maybe a splinter group called  MOVE ON ASSASINS.ORG  Anyway there's alot of hatred for W unfortunately. I love the guy, GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

+1. I'll use kevlar if it's available, but it's not a must.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I could most definitely believe someone would be looking into this.  The left is so vehemenently anti-Bush that they would absolutely have an anyeurism if he won the election -- which is exactly what it looks like is going to happen.

And, with the modern left, the end justifies the means, so they probably figure why NOT off him?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Not to ignore the assasination aspect, but I'd also be concerned about the 'other' affects..

For those who can remember...the anti-gun backlash and resulting laws after JFK, RFK and King assasinations, as well as the Reagan shooting! If it were to occur, imagine the AWB law that would be passed...even if the shooter used a single-shot .22 with BB-Caps.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I could most definitely believe someone would be looking into this.  The left is so vehemenently anti-Bush that they would absolutely have an anyeurism if he won the election -- which is exactly what it looks like is going to happen.

And, with the modern left, the end justifies the means, so they probably figure why NOT off him?

bbbuttt... Liberals hate guns...

Maybe a bomb, then? They seem to be good at those (just ask anyone at UW Madison during the Vietnam war)...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Here's yer sign...

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bbbuttt... Liberals hate guns...

Maybe a bomb, then? They seem to be good at those (just ask anyone at UW Madison during the Vietnam war)...

Your point is invalid.  Sarah Brady hates guns.  She also bought one for her son.  They only hate guns when they are in OUR hands.  

Thinking about the possibility.....and I don't know what to say.    Asshats.  God bless GWB and keep him safe!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#36]
The protection that exists around President Bush is the best in the world.  Each time I have seen Bush, I have been thoroughly impressed with the professionalism of the Secret Service and they have my every confidence.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA - Note to Secret Service - Just passing along tabloid information. There is nothing up my sleeves.

I always heard it referred to as “the zero factor”:  from the time of William Henry Harrison, every President elected in a year ending in “0” died in office:

1840 – Harrison – died of pneumonia.
1860 – Lincoln – assassinated.
1880 – Garfield – assassinated.
1900 – McKinley – assassinated.
1920 – Harding – probably drank himself to death in 1923.
1940 – Roosevelt – stroke in 1945.
1960 – Kennedy – assassinated.

Reagan appears to have broken the curse (allegedly placed on Harrison by an Indian shaman).

Kennedy actually wrote a short essay on the subject shortly before his election.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1. I'll use kevlar if it's available, but it's not a must.

+2.  Not On My Watch.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#39]
... Hell, I'm not sure the liberals even have the capacity. But I'd sure bet the Secret Service is probably concerned with foreign terrorist cells. Cells with ties to those getting their asses handed them now.

... Terrorists prefer pacifist leadership in this country
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#40]
This cross country campaigning he is doing is incredibly dangerous even with the security that they put in place at each whistle stop.  Very worrying.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This cross country campaigning he is doing is incredibly dangerous even with the security that they put in place at each whistle stop.  Very worrying.  

GunLvr

+1

God keep him safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top