Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/3/2005 10:26:46 AM EDT
Good afternoon ladies!

As I am wont to do after Guinness, I began wondering about some things. Here's a scenario:

You're dating a guy who is good-looking, intelligent, affluent, kind, and a great conversationalist. Time flies when you're together, and you never get tired of him just calling to see how your day went. You know he's sincere.

Despite all these things, the guy can't kiss to save his soul.

So.....do you drop him or teach him? I know some women who would drop him, despite the good attributes. I would at least attempt to teach.

What say you, ladies?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm not a lady...but I say drop him...find a guy who can kiss great already...like me!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Look, I'm sorry. I just couldn't breath good with your tongue that far down my throat.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Teach him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
send him a subtle hints, such as this one ->
www.virtualkiss.com/kissingschool/kissing101.asp

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
send him a subtle hints, such as this one ->
www.virtualkiss.com/kissingschool/kissing101.asp

Who says it's for me?  haha

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If you kiss and there's no spark, I say dump. If there is spark (in other words, you have chemistry) then by all means teach him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
You know, you didn't have to post this on a public forum, you could've just told me.

ETA: My bad, when you said "good-looking, intelligent, affluent, kind, and a great conversationalist" I thought you were talking about me.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to say:

Curb

Big ocean

Lots of fish

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
define bad kisser
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
define bad kisser

Hmm....maybe something like, he "pecks" and it's not an all-out passionate kiss -- even though there is supposedly chemistry present.  

For some guys, do those passionate, intense kisses come later?

Some of my guy friends aren't good authorities to ask when it comes to opinions, even if for entertainment purposes: they are shy...they don't date much...sometimes I'd think they're asexual if it wasn't for them telling me how much they want to get married someday.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, I'm not a lady...but I say drop him...find a guy who can kiss great already...like me!

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
define bad kisser

Hmm....maybe something like, he "pecks" and it's not an all-out passionate kiss -- even though there is supposedly chemistry present.  

Some of my guy friends aren't good authorities to ask when it comes to opinions, even if for entertainment purposes: they are shy...they don't date much...sometimes I'd think they're asexual if it wasn't for them telling me how much they want to get married someday.

Yeah, that's actually kinda weird right there. Not that they want to get married, but that they talk about how much they want to get married.  That's somewhat girlish to do that I think.

I was thinking about posting about how kissing can vary based on the purpose behind the kiss, but I have a reputation to keep on these forums.  Writing the definitive text on kissing may make me popular with exactly the wrong parts of the membership, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread is worthless without pics!

If you really like him, and his actions tell you that he is really into you, I say teach him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#15]
perhaps hes very conservative?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#16]
As a person that would fall in that particular department.  I say give the poor bastard some pointers.  
some "nice guys" dont get out that much and stuff like that.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking about posting about how kissing can vary based on the purpose behind the kiss, but I have a reputation to keep on these forums.  Writing the definitive text on kissing may make me popular with exactly the wrong parts of the membership, if you know what I mean.

You mean women?  And here I thought I had you all figured out...

ETA:  By the way, Bellona...I say teach him.  Show him how to do it right.

I was more concerned about TRG, I've heard some stories
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#19]
<sneaking in to the forum for a minute>

Drop him.

Call me. I'll be in VA for Christmas - I could wear a big bow for ya and wait under your tree!

<exiting forum>

Ahh... just teach him!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Drop him.

Call me. I'll be in VA for Christmas - I could wear a big bow for ya and wait under your tree!

<exiting forum>

NPD!  You "whore-dawg" - Stick to your other conquest and move on, nothing to see here!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drop him.

<exiting forum>

NPD!  You "whore-dawg" - Stick to your other conquest and move on, nothing to see here!!!

I'm no dawg and I'm certain that Ms. Bellona is no whore. I'm offended you would suggest such a thing. My other conquest is one of the mind, not one of the flesh.  

Beg pardon for interrupting your thread again, Ms. Bellona, but I had to set this gentleman straight. After all, it is the ladies' forum

Link Posted: 12/3/2005 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#22]
teach him. Personally I like it when a girl directs me on what to do. It's kinda hot
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Bellona, if you really like this person (providing this topic is about you) teach the guy what YOU like, the rest should come naturally.  Besides, I'm with Lockedon, I think it's hot when a woman takes charge and tells me what she likes
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
define bad kisser

Maybe one in a million...most guys once heavy kissing starts they they aren't thinking with passion they think of getting ass.  

I know it's  hard for you Bellona because he can't kiss like me but work with him.  You might be able to train him right!
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#26]
This has been an interesting thread. A college pal and I are actually working on a dating book of sorts, relating some economic theories to dating examples. Like, "Sex in the City" but more intellectual.

At least we're entertaining ourselves with it.

Trust me, Mona, I wouldn't let a guy like that get away without a fight, and I'd exhibit all the patience in the world in teaching him.

That said....definitely no problems like that here!

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should teach him. He sounds like a great guy and those are hard to come by these days. I snagged me one. But if you work with him,i think that would be a good thing. If someone drops somebody over how they kiss,to me that's a bit shallow especially when he's got all those good qualities about him. (JMHO)

Mona

I agree 100%.  Kissing's easily taught.  It's just like sex, sometimes you just have to show them what you like.  

...why don't you tell us what women like?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should teach him. He sounds like a great guy and those are hard to come by these days. I snagged me one. But if you work with him,i think that would be a good thing. If someone drops somebody over how they kiss,to me that's a bit shallow especially when he's got all those good qualities about him. (JMHO)

Mona

I agree 100%.  Kissing's easily taught.  It's just like sex, sometimes you just have to show them what you like.  

Well if you haven't figured out what your woman likes by now, you're not asking the right questions.

Ask? Whaddya mean ask? I thought the proper method was to haphazardly try everything until you get a result (aka the "Iraqis firing AAA at stealth bombers" method).

It seems to work for me, but saying "hey babe, I'll be Iraqi AAA and you be an F117" kinda kills the mood
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#31]
What, so it's not just a matter of asking questions, it's asking the "right" questions?  A simple request for feedback isn't enough?  Is there some sort of freakin' password??

This sounds way too much like the old "If you don't know what you did to piss me off, I won't tell you" rigamarole.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#32]
He can't kiss?  It will be okay as long as he can still **** like a **** ***** and *** ***** like a ******** ****** *****.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Want to be a better lover? Listen to classical music.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Want to be a better lover? Listen to classical music.

Listened to some classical this morning
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mona

Well if you haven't figured out what your woman likes by now, you're not asking the right questions.

That's the one downfall of my girl.  She's shy as hell and says no to all the super fun stuff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mona

That's the one downfall of my girl.  She's shy as hell and says no to all the super fun stuff.

You need to get her to open up.  Nothing to be shy about.

I'm trying
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Keep him.  He can always learn.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Keep him.  Kiss him the way you want to be kissed.  Don't be shy and take the reins!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Less thought.
More feeling.
You may have to exaggerate your responses to give him runway lights.

Otherwise, another good excuse to play with your food.

<howling laughter>
Dear GOD that was funny!
And definitely theft-worthy!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#42]
If the only thing wrong with this guy is his inability to kiss, then by all means teach the poor thing how to do it right!  BTDT
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I think you already know what to do with him....  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
If the only thing wrong with this guy is his inability to kiss, then by all means teach the poor thing how to do it right!  BTDT

Hmmm...but if he can't kiss very well, what other skills might he be lacking?

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
define bad kisser

Hate to burst yer bubble, hon, but the reason your guy friends "aren't good authorities" ain't 'cause they're shy...... it's 'cause they're biased.  

Oh, and they aren't just "telling" you "how much they want to get married someday," they are hinting.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Expert on what? Internet dialogue?  I think his so called rep is more hot air than actuallity. Of course, I don't count !gunrunner as a big conquest OR anything to build a reputation on.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#50]
 This is a very intersting bit of discussion and had to come to terms with such an issue many years ago.  I was always dating these wild girls who were a lot of fun as far as "passion" goes but were often rather psychopathic as far as running any other aspects of their lives.  At one point I met and dated ( for 3 years ) a VERY nice girl who could shoot, cook, fish, loved GREAT movies, etc, etc, etc. In fact, for all intents and purposes, she was PERFECT.  As stable as could be.  Not one "issue" at all.  Except for one thing...she was about as passionate as a cold, dead fish.

I told myself that it didn't matter....that passion was only one small aspect of a big picture and that I could live without it because she was so great in all other ways.

In the end of it all I got to the point where I wanted to cheat on her....I NEEDED that one little thing that I thought was so unimportant....PASSION.  A spark....some sign of life.  Maybe it's because I'm a Scorpio.....I dunno but that is the way I am.

As it was I was dying for a passionate relationship. Well, I don't cheat.  I WON'T cheat.  So I left her....I felt guilty as all hell for doing it...I really broke her heart ( and I am still paying for it ) but in the end....it was the right thing to do.

Not all people "need" passion, Bellona, but there are some of us who do...and to those of us who do, nothing at all can replace it.  Not all of the money in the world or all of the tea in China.  It makes for a lonely life to try to find someone with a decent balance of all things...but I am not one to settle.

Good luck and I hope that, one way or another, you can solve this issue.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top