Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2016 9:40:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
cool, but watching too much of that shit gives me a headache. needs less first person, balance it with third person stationary cameras like Formula 1, and light the fucking drones up a bit for gods sake.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.... needs less first person, balance it with third person stationary cameras like Formula 1.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs to run around in an oval counter clockwise.

They'll make billions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm....

Impressive that they didnt lose reception when dropping into the concession area of whatever was through that tunnel.

I would figure there would be enough steel for 5.8ghz to get fuzzed out even with CP antennas.   Wonder what their broadcast power was and what the pilot distance from that area was.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Great thread op!

Off to see if the arfcomer that does that kind of shit still has a one off frame for sale.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Needs to run around in an oval counter clockwise.

They'll make billions.
View Quote

Clockwise and blow some minds....

#4 Jimmy Johns Chevrolet
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm.

After seeing the follow up video I am guessing multiple RX in various areas feeding to some kind of switch/diversity controller.

Shows the pilots all in like a skybox and their goggles appear to be plugged into a video feed rather than using attached CP for 5.8.

Also looks like some standarizing of which quads are used with the intent of making it a televised or internet broadcast.   Maybe a standardized field of craft for more even competition?

https://youtu.be/sFHRcW6qnvo

/edit

I also wonder what they are doing for control.   Wonder if they have a 2.4ghz to 433mhz relay some place to grant coverage for the areas that 2.4 may have poor LOS or get funky.

My guess is somebody has dumped some solid money into making a reliable quad that can carry enough gear.

The HD video from onboard is likely too high of latency for the quad racing, it is well established that the quad racers like low latency analog for quick obstacle avoidance.   So these craft either are recording HD video for later play back and editing, or they are browdcasting their own video live along with an analog lower def image for the pilots to fly off of.

I really need to get into quads for FPV.   Been on fixed wing for too long.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
So I have been watching the race previewed by the OP.    The crashes make for rediculously pleasing smack sounds.

Should watch them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#9]
That is actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Has to be a fake video............  There is no perv/stalker/violationofprivacy footage of a chick taking a squirt in the restroom.  All drones are good  for is perving on chicks, I've been told.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:50:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has to be a fake video............  There is no perv/stalker/violationofprivacy footage of a chick taking a squirt in the restroom.  All drones are good  for is perving on chicks, I've been told.
View Quote
How about drones policing drones? Wait till the first police drone is shot down
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hmmmm.

After seeing the follow up video I am guessing multiple RX in various areas feeding to some kind of switch/diversity controller.

Shows the pilots all in like a skybox and their goggles appear to be plugged into a video feed rather than using attached CP for 5.8.

Also looks like some standarizing of which quads are used with the intent of making it a televised or internet broadcast.   Maybe a standardized field of craft for more even competition?

https://youtu.be/sFHRcW6qnvo

/edit

I also wonder what they are doing for control.   Wonder if they have a 2.4ghz to 433mhz relay some place to grant coverage for the areas that 2.4 may have poor LOS or get funky.

My guess is somebody has dumped some solid money into making a reliable quad that can carry enough gear.

The HD video from onboard is likely too high of latency for the quad racing, it is well established that the quad racers like low latency analog for quick obstacle avoidance.   So these craft either are recording HD video for later play back and editing, or they are browdcasting their own video live along with an analog lower def image for the pilots to fly off of.

I really need to get into quads for FPV.   Been on fixed wing for too long.
View Quote

LOL.  The best part was the microphone chick interviewing the "athletes".  I love it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Joe Robbie would be so proud
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Joe Robbie Stadium is right up the street from me and that looks pretty cool.

However, it doesn't look like a spectator sport.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top