Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/13/2003 12:20:28 PM EDT
I am scheduled to travel to southern CO for a hiking and rafting trip. What are some of the rules for carrying concealed firearms? I just want a few leads and I will take it from there. Thanks for the help. bd
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:41:42 PM EDT
Contact the attorney general of CO, or the Sheriff of the county you will be in, that way you have the correct info. Pilk
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:10:54 PM EDT
[url]www.packing.org[/url] this should be a good place to start looking for some of your answers
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:21:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kooter: [url]www.packing.org[/url] this should be a good place to start looking for some of your answers
View Quote
Good info. Thanks. Does anyone have any personal experience with this? We'll be staying in a National Forest where I believe firearms are legal. bd
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:08:50 PM EDT
I live in Colorado Springs and you can carry a loaded weapon in your car anywhere in CO. The law was just changed this year. You can have a weapon in any National Forest in CO. Are you going to the Pike, Arapahoe, or somewhere else? IM me for more info.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:17:46 PM EDT
Do you have a Texas CHP? If so then you should legally be able to carry concealed anywhere up here.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:19:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rickyj: Do you have a Texas CHP? If so then you should legally be able to carry concealed anywhere up here.
View Quote
When did we get a reciprocal CCW agreement with TX?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:21:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TennVol: I live in Colorado Springs and you can carry a loaded weapon in your car anywhere in CO. The law was just changed this year. You can have a weapon in any National Forest in CO. Are you going to the Pike, Arapahoe, or somewhere else? IM me for more info.
View Quote
Does it have to be in plain sight? In a case? Or can it be anywhere?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:31:30 PM EDT
I have had a CCW for almost four years, so I really didn't pay attention to that part of the new law (cased, in trunk, unloaded, loaded, etc...) because mine is always on my hip, loaded. I believe it has to be cased, but I'm not certain. I wouldn't recommend on the seat beside you or under your seat, [b]especially[/b] in Denver. They absolutely hate the new law and are attempting to challenge the law in court.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:49:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TennVol:
Originally Posted By Rickyj: Do you have a Texas CHP? If so then you should legally be able to carry concealed anywhere up here.
View Quote
When did we get a reciprocal CCW agreement with TX?
View Quote
[BD] Not yet apparently. I didn't think that the CBI would be dragging their feet like this. They have had four months, how long does it take? bluduk15, better hold off on the reciprocity for a while, until it comes up on this page at least: [url]http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/reciprocity.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:26:33 PM EDT
bluduk15 Colorado does not have a reciprocity agreement with Texas yet so no CCW at this time. However you may open carry most places in Colorado. As for being able to carry in all National Forrest you cannot carry in all National Forest or in all Colorado State Parks. You need to check with the Forest service or Ranger station in the area you are visiting and ascertain where you can carry. As for carrying a weapon in your vehicle you may carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle in Colorado. But a long gun with a round in the chamber is a no-no. You do not have to have a long gun cased in Colorado. In Denver proper an m-4 is a no-no.
Top Top