Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 10:58:48 AM EDT
Do any of you use them?  Any particular brand better than others?

We can't always hear cars/deliveries pulling in and it would be nice to do so instead of the "Burger King" head appearing in the window...

Someone could get shot!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
4 legged alarms have served me well, in the past.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Tried sensor motion lights? Work for me and cheap too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
4 legged alarms have served me well, in the past.

Yup, a little costly on maitenence, but they make great friends too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My parent's home is surrounded by motion sensors, which trigger an electronic 'ding dong' type bell inside the home whenever any of those sensors are breached, as well as blinding floodlights that shine on the specific area where the sensors are triggered..  The only false alarms they ever get are with stray animals.  I don't know what they spent on their system, but I know it was relatively cheap.  It uses the X10 electronics.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one at the local Lowes for $65 bucks. It detects metal objects in its range. Works like a charm and we have long drive way too. We have way to many deer to use a regular PIR motion detector.

I'm trying to remember the name brand of the darned thing. GE I'm pretty sure.

efxguy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top