Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 11:20:51 PM EDT
I just transferred my license to CO from ND and don't have a picture ID yet. They mail them here. Can I use the temp card along with my voided license to buy a handgun? The temp card documents my old license.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My CO license came in like 6-7 days? You in a rush?

If it has a license #, I'm assuming you could try.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to have a CDL and they needed to put my mailing address which is a P.O. box on the license.  I had hell every time I went to buy gun with a valid license, tax stamps, and a current hunting license.  I dropped the CDL and just put my physical address on my license this last year even though my physical address does not even exist to anyone but the phone company.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Use a passport and a fishing license.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Check the forms of ID they accept for the primary and secondary form of ID in NE.  I doubt they'll accept the temp. license as primary ID since it doesn't have a picture, but it'll probably work as secondary ID (or a fishing license or electric bill with current address, etc.).  If you have some other form of ID that is on their accepted primary ID list, then you can buy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Should be valid ID.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:57:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should be valid ID.
View Quote

TSA wouldn't take my HSPD12, which was a US government issued ID for employees and contractors (civilian equivalent of CAC)
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

TSA wouldn't take my HSPD12, which was a US government issued ID for employees and contractors (civilian equivalent of CAC)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Should be valid ID.

I regularly accept an address change, w/ the original id, as valid id to purchase a gun.  I make a copy of the address change & file it w/ the 4473.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Use a passport and a fishing license.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should be valid ID.

You don't actually need photo ID to fly... you just get the works when going through security
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:23:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You don't actually need photo ID to fly... you just get the works when going through security
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should be valid ID.

I was there to pick up my underage child at the gate. I ended up waiting in the plebeian zone until they got out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was there to pick up my underage child at the gate. I ended up waiting in the plebeian zone until they got out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should be valid ID.

That sucks. TSA is such a joke...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:28:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just transferred my license to CO from ND and don't have a picture ID yet. They mail them here. Can I use the temp card along with my voided license to buy a handgun? The temp card documents my old license.
View Quote

LP only had his temp d/l when he got his ccw permit here in Iowa. I used a temp one to buy my 15-22 like 3 years back. They are as legal as your permanent plastic one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:43:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I had no issues about two years ago using my CO temp license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top