Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 5:27:39 PM EDT
The holiday season is a time to enjoy family dinners, office parties, and get-togethers with friends. Festive drinks and tasty punches often contribute to the holiday revelry, so here are some tips to help you celebrate sensibly:

If you are a woman, remember: Women are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol. If you are a man, remember: Women are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol.

Always drink from the bottle labeled "XXX." The bottle with the skull-and-crossbones on the front is poison.

Drinking alone is a telltale sign that you know better than to put up with anybody's bullshit.

Drinking more than seven nights a week is not just irresponsible, it's impossible.

If someone you know is too drunk to drive, demand that he let you have his car keys. If he refuses, pull out a gun and demand the car keys again. This also works with people who are not drunk, and whom you do not know.

Never drink with Tyler Schneeklov.

While standing in the middle of the road at 3 a.m. yelling expletives at your ex-girlfriend, wear light-colored clothing so motorists can see you.

Once you get married and have kids, stop drinking tons of whiskey and switch to drinking tons of wine.

Always re-cap your flask between swigs. This lengthens the amount of time between drinks.
Don't mix alcohol with stereotypes. If you are Irish, drink rum. If you are a pirate, drink
whiskey.

Don't drink and drive. Disregard this if you happen to be one of those people who drive better drunk.

If you suddenly find yourself impaired by alcohol, prevent any social awkwardness by informing all those present that you profoundly love them, and that you never get this drunk.

Never use alcohol to escape feelings of failure and loneliness. Use Vicodin.

Before heading out to the office holiday party, tape a handcuff key to the inside of your watchband. Just trust us on this one.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
[LOL]
Also, be careful with the eggnog.  It WILL bust your gut if you chug it like milk.
[white][size=1]I can't believe I drank the whole thing...[/size=1][/white]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Also put your 'traveler' in a covered mug. That way if you hit a bump, you won't spill any. Spilling good liquor constitutes alcohol abuse.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[LOL]
Also, be careful with the eggnog.  It WILL bust your gut if you chug it like milk.
[white][size=1]I can't believe I drank the whole thing...[/size=1][/white]
View Quote

That's why I shit yellow over the yuletide.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are some etiquette rules to follow while drinking:

[url]http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/09_03/09-03-etiquette-inebriates.htm[/url]

Have a drunkard holidaze!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Before heading out to the office holiday party, tape a handcuff key to the inside of your watchband. Just trust us on this one.
View Quote

Honest to god, I have 4 pairs of jeans with a cuff key sewn behind the leather label, you'll probably be cuffed behind you back anyway, and Cops aren't the only ones who handcuff people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top