Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/19/2003 11:07:40 PM EDT
Would it matter to you at all or would you be pissed? If you were just married last week OBVIOUSLY this wont apply to you but if you got married 5+ years ago and you somehow, someway find out that while you two were dating she had a 'relationship' with some other guy.

Jury is still out on that for me.

What would you do??
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:15:42 PM EDT
After 5 years, if I found that kind of shit out, I would feel like I had been living a lie and my vision of my spouse would be shattered. If there were no kids in the picture, I'd divorce. -HS
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:30:07 PM EDT
Damn that is a tough one. There is the lie, but under God's rule you are not married and exclusive untill "I do." Throws a big ass wrench in the works doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:37:33 PM EDT
Disclaimer: I'm not married. Now that we've got that out of the way, I think I'd ask her why it never came up while we were engaged, and after we talked about it some, we'd either have some stuff to work out or we wouldn't. Either way, though, I don't think it would ruin the marriage. It would have potential to make it bumpy for a little while, but I think that's about it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:04:11 AM EDT
i was going to avoid that post because it was already up to 4 pages...had to do some catching up. yes, i would be pissed. i never liked the rules of dating.. and as said above, until the words " I DO" are said, its all fair game. i still to this day dont believe this. if i am with a girl, i am going to remain faithful and not give her anything to question the bond we have together. i expect the same from her.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:09:49 AM EDT
What is this "God's Rule" of it being fair game until you say "I do"? What crap is that? If you can not expect your significant other to be true to you before you marry, how the heck can you expect it after you do?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:14:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By leelaw: What is this "God's Rule" of it being fair game until you say "I do"? What crap is that? If you can not expect your significant other to be true to you before you marry, how the heck can you expect it after you do?
View Quote
Triumph, Leelaw, I agree completely. I doubt God would approve of someone's girl friend/ fiance gang fucking the entire Lakers before saying "I do". -HS
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:08:15 AM EDT
That's an image I don't need at 0410....
Originally Posted By HillBillySasquatch: Triumph, Leelaw, I agree completely. I doubt God would approve of someone's girl friend/ fiance gang fucking the entire Lakers before saying "I do". -HS
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:57:55 AM EDT
Anybody in their right mind would be upset. The catch is, your not supposed to find out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:02:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Triumph955i: i never liked the rules of dating.. and as said above, until the words " I DO" are said, its all fair game.
View Quote
I agree, when I was dating I'd see this from time to time. Pretty normal. Chick digs you, chick sees something better, chick hooks something better, chick drops you. It's called shopping up. Sometimes it's a reality check for the chick when she gets dumped by the deluxe model upgrade and clings to you, the standard model. Dating is dating, until 'I do', it's all negotiable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:10:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2003 5:11:36 AM EDT by FLAL1A]
I'd be pretty queasy, but I'd suck it up and keep quiet. I even believe I could overcome the urge to track the guy down and beat his ass. Had she played around back then, it wouldn't be a violation of any oath she made to me, and the essence of exclusivity is the oath. Now, if two people dating had a private pledge of exclusivity, that would be more serious, but the way you get the "right" to exclusivity is to get married. In any event, I don't think any man likes contemplating the thought that anybody ever had his oily meathooks on her before him, regardless of when it was, or whether they even knew each other at the time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:31:44 AM EDT
Excuse me? None of you ever dated two women at the same time and didn't tell the girls that you were dating others? In college, I would date different women at the same time. I saw nothing wrong with it. Eventually I setteled down with one of my choices.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:34:14 AM EDT
I'd club her like a baby seal. Just kidding.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:44:52 AM EDT
I've been married for 20 years so no, I wouldn't divorce her. Probably wouldn't even say anything. If in the last few years: My youngest is a Junior in HS so I could stick it out that long and then I would just be on my way.
Top Top