Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/5/2002 2:49:02 AM EST
Somebody drags your father to death behind a pickup truck because they think he's inferior, and you don't want the piece of schitt to die? WTF. CNN has this [url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/07/04/dragging.death.ap/index.html]article[/url].
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:09:00 AM EST
Happens all the time. I think there's been parents or kids of victims who've formed a "we're against the death penalty" society or the like. I've always thought (but never said out loud) that anyone who hurt/killed a member of my family wouldn't have to worry about their public defender.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:13:21 AM EST
So what?? The guy's personal philosophy is against the death penalty. Considering it was HIS father, what right is it for anyone else to comment? -legrue
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:16:45 AM EST
I guess he figure's he's got a better chance to the rights for a "made for TV" by going this way!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:16:57 PM EST
Well if someone did that to my father, I would like them to be released, drop all charges. I'd rather take care of the scumbag(s) personally. It would involve alot more pain than the state would give.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:03:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By legrue: So what?? The guy's personal philosophy is against the death penalty. Considering it was HIS father, what right is it for anyone else to comment? -legrue
View Quote
He certainly has a right to comment on the punishment that his father's killer is about to receive... On the other hand, our laws say that the murder of a human being is the business of all other human beings, and in Texas, the other human beings have decided to put the killer to death...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:13:53 PM EST
Top Top