Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 9:38:01 PM EDT
I need some good dove recipes.

thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, season started today, heard the fire in the distance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It sure is dove season! My neighbor was having a good time plucking them one by one out of the sky today.

Tag for recipies. If they're any good, I might just break down and get my hunting license.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
A little bumperooni...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
well I'll put them on the grill. What I do is breast the dove, I take a slice of jalapeno, put it inside of the dove breast and then wrap it in bacon, I put a toothpic thru it to hold it together. A little butter on it is good too :)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
My mom lets em marinate in cranberry juice,then wraps em in bacon and throws on the grill.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Bumperooooooooooooooooooooonitooni.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well I'll put them on the grill. What I do is breast the dove, I take a slice of jalapeno, put it inside of the dove breast and then wrap it in bacon, I put a toothpic thru it to hold it together. A little butter on it is good too :)

Perfect recipe...you can also marinate the breast in Italian Dressing for a little more zippy flavor.

HH
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Why would you want to eat a hippy?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I do a Dove Stroganoff. The meat is lean and I love gravy/sauce. Be sure to get them cool asap. Nothing worse than letting them sit around in the early Sept heat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top