Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 1:56:58 PM EDT
I am South zone Texas, season opens Friday.  Should I get decoys this year, hummm - Ask the hive.

Anybody use them?  Results?  Suggestions?

fwiw, heard a bit of talk about Mojo decoys last week - so especially
curious about the wind and motorized ones (are they worth it?)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I manage 5 leases around Manor and have 20 or so hunters on each.  There are a lot of Mojo's out working this year and from what I have seen and heard from the guys is that when a few are placed together they have been working pretty well, however they seem to draw in a lot more Mourning Dove than White Wing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I blew off my opening central zone hunt.  Think I have hunted the same place the last 10 years, but the landowner said to postpone it this year - the Northern doves had not come in yet.  So I am mostly expecting local birds this weekend on my South zone hunt.

Tried to use static decoys about 10 years ago, but set them the night before.  Came to the field that morning to see decoy parts - they attracted hawks quite well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top