Member Login

Posted: 8/12/2007 1:08:37 PM EDT

I hate those pukes!

Police: Suspects Posed as Local Athletes in Magazine Scam
Heather Austin

Posted: Aug. 11, 2007
Updated: Today at 3:41 p.m.
www.wral.com/news/local/story/1694574/
Raleigh — Raleigh police arrested seven people who they say posed as student-athletes with University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina State University to sell fraudulent magazine subscriptions.

The seven suspects collected about $1,000 from residents of Wakefield neighborhood in northeast Raleigh, according to arrest warrants filed at the Wake County Magistrate's Office.

The suspects said they were raising money for trips by the N.C. State baseball team and UNC softball team, according to court records.

An investigating officer could not verify the legitimacy of the company, Quality Subscriptions Inc. of Buford, Ga., for which the suspects claimed to work, according to the magistrate's office.

Magistrate's records showed that a person claiming to be a company representative called to inquire after paying bond.

An Internet search found complaints against Quality Subscriptions on several consumer protection sites. The complaints originated from Georgia, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

According to the complaints, people claiming to be company representatives pose as athletes at area colleges and attempt to sell magazines to fund trips for college athletic teams.

Police arrested Thomas Duane Fuller, 21, of Phoenix, Ariz.; Heather Renae Austin, 18, of Minerva, Ohio; Damion Ellijah Balok, 25, of Belleview, Fla.; Dustin Blount, 18, of Doylestown, Ohio; Denver C. Hensel, 21, of Raleigh; Chris McKim, 21, of Raleigh; and Jennifer Dobbs, 20, of Surprise, AZ.

Six of the seven are charged with one count of obtaining property by false pretense and are each being held under $10,000 bond.

Fuller faces an additional charge of obtaining property by false pretense and is being held under a $20,000 bond.

All seven suspects were still in the Wake County jail as of Sunday morning.

-----

For all those "who's the victim?" pukes, too bad !
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:24:38 PM EDT
I hate those bastards!

One time guys like that were out and some one called on them. I went over there and snatched one up. We was wanted but not by us. I snatched another one up. Same thing. One was misdemeanor dope and one was burglary. They were bitching about me harassing them. I told them "First, it is the middle of the day and the people who live in these houses are at WORK you dumb fucks and you know it. Second, you are a dope head and you are a burglar and both of you are wanted but they won't extradite and you know it. Third, if these people wanted magazines they would just order them on the internet you motherfuckers. They don't need you to buy magazines. And last, these people are paying me to harass your no good asses and keep you away from their houses!"

Another time a girl who was doing it snatched a necklace off the neck of an old lady who answered the door. Oh hell no! I rode around until I saw the bastard's van and pulled them over. I started fucking with them. "Do you have a commercial driver's license? No? Is this not a commercial vehicle? Do you have a business license in our state? No?" I had them all jacked up telling them I was going to lock them up and tow their van and since they had no ties to the community and lived out of state they would get NO BOND and have to sit it out until their case came up NEXT YEAR YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!
I told them they would give me the snatcher girl or all my plans for them would be implemented. They said they let everybody out to work then after a while drove around honking the horn occasionally until they picked everybody up. I told them start driving and honking piece of shit and we did.
Sure enough the girl popped up out of some bushes as we drove around. Got the necklace back. She was a pretty little thing. A runaway from out of state. I am sure they were passing her around. Never saw them again. Wonder why?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:28:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BurnedOutLEO:
I hate those bastards!

One time guys like that were out and some one called on them. I went over there and snatched one up. We was wanted but not by us. I snatched another one up. Same thing. One was misdemeanor dope and one was burglary. They were bitching about me harassing them. I told them "First, it is the middle of the day and the people who live in these houses are at WORK you dumb fucks and you know it. Second, you are a dope head and you are a burglar and both of you are wanted but they won't extradite and you know it. Third, if these people wanted magazines they would just order them on the internet you motherfuckers. They don't need you to buy magazines. And last, these people are paying me to harass your no good asses and keep you away from their houses!"

Another time a girl who was doing it snatched a necklace off the neck of an old lady who answered the door. Oh hell no! I rode around until I saw the bastard's van and pulled them over. I started fucking with them. "Do you have a commercial driver's license? No? Is this not a commercial vehicle? Do you have a business license in our state? No?" I had them all jacked up telling them I was going to lock them up and tow their van and since they had no ties to the community and lived out of state they would get NO BOND and have to sit it out until their case came up NEXT YEAR YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!
I told them they would give me the snatcher girl or all my plans for them would be implemented. They said they let everybody out to work then after a while drove around honking the horn occasionally until they picked everybody up. I told them start driving and honking piece of shit and we did.
Sure enough the girl popped up out of some bushes as we drove around. Got the necklace back. She was a pretty little thing. A runaway from out of state. I am sure they were passing her around. Never saw them again. Wonder why?

Awesome.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:39:42 PM EDT
so why does it take 3 of them to sell magazines?
there is a reason why i answer my door with a gun(behind my back of course)
i usually do not open the door though, i have a storm door that i keep shut and locked all the time, so i talk to them through that. im going to install a doorbell with a talk button soon. between that, a weapon and my great dane, i should be GTG
Top Top