Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:40:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a fun movie. However The part where the EU does not cry in outrage at boarding up millions of people was a little off.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw it at the theater.

I loved the flick.

The chick is hot.

IIRC she has gone topless in her other films.  Use google.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i loved it.. thought it was awesome

IF YOU'RE HUNGRY WHY DONT YOU TRY A PIECE OF YOUR FRIEND?!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw it in the theater,pretty good flick.Lots of action.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Must rent.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Rhona Mitra is a goddess.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
ahhh rhona mitra, i still believe her first tittilating scene was in hollow man :D
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was pretty decent. Definitely worth a watch IMO, but then again, I like that sorta movie.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I loved this movie. I went in expecting it to be cheesy and it was. I thought the chick with the face tattoo was really hot. Good action and they didn't try to complicate up the story which was a good move. It seemed like it was honoring different movies more that copying from them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Seriously?  You guys liked that movie?  I thought it was terrible.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I found it to be entertaining. I loved the Aston Martin.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Unless there is something I don't remember in the film, the car she drives is a Bentley.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ahhh rhona mitra, i still believe her first tittilating scene was in hollow man :D

Ahhh yes, I thought you mistaken at first but I forgot Kevin Bacon's neighbor. (how could I?)

Doomsday was a good flick!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless there is something I don't remember in the film, the car she drives is a Bentley.

Oops, oh yeah a Bentley GT. Well in that case forget it. The car sucked. The movie sucked.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn't like it.  Especially when she found that Bentley in the crate and started carting around in it...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]
APCs with easily breakable windows
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
APCs with easily breakable windows

Haha, yeah.  The guy was giving a brief on it which included resistance to 20 or 30mm but the fuckin' window was smashed out with an axe.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
god
now she just smashed a car through a bus with no damage at all
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I liked it, it was like a Dog Soldiers reunion movie.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 5:23:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Watched this earlier this evening and having searched for an active thread found only one in the archive from January....

One of the user comments on IMDB sum it up quite well:  "Gonzo mix of Mad Max, Escape from NY and 28 Days Later" ..

I would also add the movies Damnation Alley and Excalibur to that mix. I watched Doomsday last night, not too bad. As one critic put it, it's not a good movie, but it is a fun movie. Rhona Mitra as Major Sinclair was kind of like watching a hot female version of Snake Plisken. The Bently GT was a hell of a nice ride.

Another poster mentioned it being a homage, it is totally. Check out the names of the two British squaddies that get wasted pretty early on, Carpenter and and Miller. A tribute to directors John Carpenter and George Miller.
Flyingrhino
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I just watched rented it to give it another chance. I did not care for it in the theater but watching it again and knowing not to expect a Zombie/Resident Evil type of movie made me appreciate it more.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 6:01:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I had made a post about this movie, but went and deleted it and will put my review here.

I mainly watch end of the world type movies; madmax, escape from NY, water world, etc etc etc. So this movie was right up my alley. It started out like 28 days later, were they had to go behind enemy lines to cure some virus. The movie started out with good potential. Its too bad it didnt live up to that potential.

The movie was a mix of every end of the world movie made, I swear they took parts from madmax, madmax beyond thunderdome, escape from NY, escape from LA and a few more. The movie had a general plot, but really failed to stick to it. One scene you were in an abandoned city with modern weaponary and then all of a sudden they are in Camelot as in KIng Arthur times. , they basically lost me at this point. Also this is set in England, since when is there wide open DESERTS in England (this was the scene where they mimic'd Madmax driving down the road and fighting the bad guys in the wasteland. Even the lead badguy was like the leader in MadMaxs Road Warrior. The main chick was straight out of Eon Flux as well.

While I really like these types of movies and have sat thru my share of so so "B" movies, this one was just horrible. I doubt id watch it even if it makes it to HBO, etc.

So dont waste your time with this one.

Link Posted: 8/5/2008 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#24]
it was fun but bad at the same time.

also yeah the whole medieval thing really seemed over the top, living in a castle is ok, living in a castle wearing medieval clothing, weapons and armor is just too much. also why are post-apocalyptic "towns" always fucked up? you mean to tell me before we had power we couldn't go 3 days with out eating someone?

oh and the psycho concert was kinda dumb. felt like the rave in the matrix
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I liked it. It was a fun movie.

I also wondered about the whole eating people thing. They run into a bunch of cows driving into Glasgow, why couldn't the people eat the cows?
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#26]
How can anyone not like a movie with two killer looking chicks going at each other with swords?

Sword fight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top